Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to turn off - Reset to Origin after each layer

Posted by richrap 
How to turn off - Reset to Origin after each layer
September 18, 2010 05:27PM
I have been working hard getting Reprap Host working with my Repstrap, it's getting easier but I have one problem I just can't seem to resolve -
I have disabled all settings (like interlayer cooling etc.) that make Reprap Host reset back to the 0,0,0 point after each layer, but it still does this every time.

Does anyone know how to make it not do this, and just do each layer one after another without resetting / recalibrating each time ?

I want to turn it off to make sure that my Repstrap is keeping calibration,and not slipping steps, as I think the odd blob or loop I see is something dodgy mechanically, it would be much easier to see if it didn't re-calibrate each time.

Apart from that the print quality I'm getting is not bad. I'll upload some pic's shortly or checkout my progress on the blog.

I hope someone is still using Reprap host, I'm going to battle-on with it, but it seems like many of you are not using it, I guess I'll find out if anyone has any ideas about this problem?

thanks.

Update - I'm using the Aug2010 release of RR Host software. - reprap-mendel-20100806.zip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2010 05:31PM by richrap.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
Re: How to turn off - Reset to Origin after each layer
September 20, 2010 03:05AM
Use Skeinforge - problem solved! smiling smiley

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
September 20, 2010 10:49AM
Hi Bob

I expected that!

I am trying to follow (for better or worse) the official Reprap wiki route just to see how hard it is for someone new to get up-to-speed using the tools Adrian and (some of) the official developer team uses, it's a bit harder then I expected but all going remarkably well really.

So far it's not been easy for a my Repstrap to conform to looking like a Mendel, but I am getting there, everything Mendel-tuned can be changed, but it’s just a bit of a cryptic arrangement of software, firmware etc. I’m sure you know what I mean.

I did have a quick test of ReplicatorG, but it didn't work with 5D Firmware so I'm trying to avoid other programs (Repsnapper, Skeinforge) just for now - But I know I will end up using them shortly after I have my setup running smoothly.

I feel a bit sorry for Reprap Host, it does not look like many people use it? it only needs a few tweaks to be really user-friendly and understandable.

I have just started looking at the GCODE generated data, It’s very readable (I think).

So for example if I post processed my GCODE data and remove the following (in RED)-
;#!LAYER: 3/37
G28 X0 ;set x 0
G28 Y0 ;set y 0

From the start of each layer, would that stop it moving back home every time?

Do you know of a good reference for GCODE's

Many thanks.
September 20, 2010 10:51AM
See Mendel User Manual: RepRapGCodes in the wiki.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
September 20, 2010 11:10AM
Thanks Bob.

And I just spotted a bug-update from Adrian on the Reprap Release notes for rev 3792 -

Author: adrian-bowyer
Date: Tue Sep 14 17:30:13 2010 UTC (5 days, 21 hours ago)
Changed paths: 1
Log Message: Interlayer cooling and re-zeroing bugs fixed (I hope...)

So maybe it was a real re-zeroing bug, and maybe fixed in the next release.

I'm still going to learn about Gcode now, it's got to be a good move.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login