Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble installing RepRap host software

Posted by tk 
tk
Trouble installing RepRap host software
September 29, 2010 08:01PM
Hi All,

First Build here. Thanks for the info thus far. I've been lurking to this point and now have become stuck.

I have constructed the Mendel machine per the instructions up to the point of installing the extruder.

So I have the frame built, axes in place, motors in place and wired, stepper drivers (from pololu) and arduino mega all wired up.

H21lOB optostops. I have decided that at this point I would like to test the three axis motors. So Im going about the software install instructions found on the /Installing_RepRap_on_your_computer page on the wiki.

And I get the attached error when launching from the reprap.bat file. NOTE: this is on W7 running via VMWare Fusion on my iMac.

I would really appreciate if anybody could point me to or offer more info on the following:

1) Wiring / Software setup using Arduino and Pololu electronics

2) Any reason I'm getting the attached error.

TIA
Attachments:
open | download - Screen shot 2010-09-29 at 5.41.12 PM.png (227.4 KB)
VDX
Re: Trouble installing RepRap host software
September 30, 2010 03:41AM
... with Windows the port-name is mostly like "COM1" instead of "/dev/ttyUSB0" ... and you seems to have compatibility issues with java3D ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
tk
September 30, 2010 08:38AM
Thanks Viktor,

I came to the same conclusion. How would one begin to go about correcting those errors?

Regards,
VDX
September 30, 2010 09:05AM
... first you have to search a solution for you java3D-problem or reinstall the toolchain on another system.

AFAIK the com-port is named in the parameters - here you have to check the responding port in the Windows system-setup and then rename the port in the reprap-software configuration menue ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login