Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reprap host software - Tools menu...

Posted by davidgoodenough 
reprap host software - Tools menu...
October 02, 2008 09:15AM
What is supposed to happen when I use the various option on the Tools menu on the reprap host software? There being no Help and I can not find any documentation.

I ask because on my system nothing happens. I had thought that this was because I did not have the firmware installed on my arduino, but now I do and I still get nothing.

David
Re: reprap host software - Tools menu...
October 02, 2008 12:56PM
More info. What exactly does happen? Does anything open? Any windows? Just nothing? Do you have your geometry set to nullcartesian or cartesian in the properties? This might affect things.

Demented
October 02, 2008 08:31PM
In my case (debian etch, java 1.5x, reprap host 0.8.3, arduino with no electronics attached and firmware upload from arduino11)

all the options show the corresponding window. Sometimes "Maintenance positions" and/or "Extruder exerciser" are crashing the

host software.

With no arduino connected there are error messages for a missing connection on /dev/tty/USB0

Sorry, my software is not really up to date, had some tries with libswitch and host 0.9 (0.9 seems not to work with java 1.5x)

and lost fun quickly. This configuration is everything I need at the moment, there are still some reprap hours to spend outside my
computer grinning smiley
October 04, 2008 11:41PM
That's probably why. The Arduino, I think, just passes on messages to the appropriate driver boards. If there are no driver boards there, I'm not sure what would happen. Change your pref-settings so that it is set to "nullcartesian" under the "Geometry" option int he preferences page. That should fix things...famous last words! hehe

Demented
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login