Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

C++ n opengl

Posted by joy19861111 
C++ n opengl
November 28, 2009 08:29PM
is that anyone in here write a simple 3d software to read .obj by using opengl??
Re: C++ n opengl
December 08, 2009 01:42PM
This would be a great idea. I am looking at building a reprap out of scrap useing a vellmen HID (£25) to controll the machine, and a c++ cad program would be idealy compatable for such i very low cost set up. especialy when i am useing the parts from a couple of old printers..
December 09, 2009 02:19AM
i see~ now i am working on write my own c++ program to read the 3d file and display it. i am thinking that how can i slice or segment the object with OpenGL funciton
December 09, 2009 03:53AM
JohnH,
Are you using the velleman k8055 usb experiment board, if so I wrote a wrapper for the dll to use in Euphoria, an easy to learn and use language, if its of any use to you I can let you have it.
December 10, 2009 05:58AM
any one consider net beans? it is a java ide like vb and is java based so multi platform. thanks! I'm beginning to port my reprap applications, and i really like it!
December 13, 2009 05:41PM
Hi there i have not made my reprap yet. I have sourced some stepper motors from some old printers and i plan to use my vellmen k8055 to control them. It would be great if i could use 3d studio max to build my model and compile the g-code then use a vb.net / c# program to read this code and then control the motors. I think this set up would be easier to use and be a lot cheaper.
What is Euphoria i have never heard of it?
December 14, 2009 03:32AM
Euphoria [www.rapideuphoria.com] is an open source language that even I can use, so it must be easy, when I look at other languages such as vb, java etc, they
seem to come with masses of bloat, maybe I'm to old to change?, the k8055 comes with a DLL for the read write functions, The wrapper allows Euphoria access to those functions.
VDX
December 14, 2009 05:04AM
... do you know processing?

It's the language the Arduino-IDE is written in, comes with many examples and is capable of graphics and other usefull stuff too - look through the examples grinning smiley

Viktor
December 16, 2009 04:01AM
Thanks VDX
I have seen processing but not looked in detail, but will give it a go if
you recommend it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login