Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A box of some sort of plastic pellets - free to good home

Posted by gazob 
A box of some sort of plastic pellets - free to good home
August 16, 2012 01:34AM
When we moved into our house many years back there was a large box of plastic pellets that were probably used for injection molding under it. basically it has sat there for the last x years as i didnt have any use for it, but you dont throw out good stuff like that. Is anyone in melbourne experimenting with extruding there own fillament and would maybe like to give this a go, I am considering coming to the next 3dprinter night and could bring it along, dont expect anything for it, just nice to know it will finally get used, but if you were to hand me a small spool of filament down the track i wouldnt complain either. If anyones interested Im sure there was a sticker on the box outlining what sort of plastic it is, but need to crawl under the house to read it.

btw the box is probably to big and at this point brittle to post, and if its inconvenient at all to give away may as well stay where it is, so this isnt an offer to post it around the state, country or world. but if it would help out someone local more then happy to oblige.

GaZ
Re: A box of some sort of plastic pellets - free to good home
August 16, 2012 04:14AM
I'll ask some of the people who go to the 3D printer nights whom I know are interested in extruding filament, and see if anyone wants it.
Re: A box of some sort of plastic pellets - free to good home
August 16, 2012 05:27AM
probably would have made more sense to put this up in the cchs google group, I could ask for an address at the same time, Ive got my printer almost built, but thinking of pulling it apart to run the wiring in a nicer fashion, But next printer night I think ill turn up to see what happens, and might just chuck the box of pellets in anyways.

GaZ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login