Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3.0mm Ø ABS Extrudate Manufacturer - Melbourne

Posted by SNOMANN 
3.0mm Ø ABS Extrudate Manufacturer - Melbourne
December 11, 2010 11:53PM
Hello to this group. Sorry I stumbled across this forum and it seems that you are looking for ABS and PLA extrusion rod.

A quick introduction,

My name is Jeremy Gray and I run my own business that manufactures Plastic Welding rods in Melbourne (Bayswater Nth) for Australia wide Plastic Fabrication Industry of which ABS 3.0mmØ is one of many. PLA can be done if required.

I have both Black and White ABS and I can do custom colours but there is a minimum set requirement otherwise is simply is not economical to run.

I have been approached by several and subsequently sold to Makerbot owners 3.0 mm Ø ABS extrusion profile and I am looking to hold stock of more 50mtr coils if there is interest. I normally only hold 1.0 mtr sticks which are suitable for welding.

I charge $18.70 + GST + Transport (Auspost unregistered) for 50mtrs. I also have Credit Card facilities but there is a small surcharge of 1.5% (VISA - Mastercard) 2% (AMEX).

If there are other materials you need please do not hesitate in contacting me and once again if there is sufficient interest I will happily extrude and hold stock.

Contact me through this forum and I will forward my business and contact details.

Regards.

Jeremy.
Re: 3.0mm Ø ABS Extrudate Manufacturer - Melbourne
December 12, 2010 05:33AM
Jeremy

Hi my name is Peter Rogers.

I am one of a group of guys here in melbourne makeing reprap printers.

we had talked about finding an ABS manufacturer local as we figured it was used in car repairs. I personall would be very happy with a local manufacturer. Im not sure how your pricing works out as normally its sold by the meter.

I live in ringwood and am working in croydon tomorrow. If you interested i would love to pop down and see what you do and grab some samples etc to try.

PM me your contact details and ill ring you to organise a time etc.

PS check the wiki Melbourne RUG for a list of the melbourne guys we know about. im sure there are more. plus the other states have groups as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 08:17AM by scorpia.
December 12, 2010 06:29AM
If you can do ABS and PLA, then I'm sure there'll be lots of interest, and not just from Melbourne.

Usually (in the US, overseas), they sell ABS and PLA by weight in pounds (2 lb = 0.9kg). Usually for both ABS and PLA, this works out to approximately 50 metres.

If you have a 50 metre reel of ABS about, can you weigh it and tell us approximately how much it weighs? I'm guessing it'll be around the 0.9kg mark for 50 metres, based on what I've seen elsewhere. This just allows comparisons on price.

Also, is it possible to do other diameters? Specifically, it seems that 1.75mm is now starting to be used, so I can see that there may be a demand for that as time goes on.

Note: I edited this as I stupidly got the conversion from lb to kg wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 07:05AM by Cefiar.
December 12, 2010 10:55AM
Jeremy,

Could you add yourself to this page?
http://reprap.org/wiki/Printing_Material_Suppliers
That way folk can find you a bit more easily. grinning smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
December 13, 2010 02:12AM
this is awesome, can i buy a small amount of whatever you have at the moment? Sounds like black and white abs? a metre each would be fine.
December 13, 2010 02:45AM
mlagana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this is awesome, can i buy a small amount of
> whatever you have at the moment? Sounds like black
> and white abs? a metre each would be fine.

I couldn't sell you a Mtr, that would be criminal :-) - if you are based in Melbourne you are welcome to pop by and grab a Mtr or 2 to play with.

LYBINA Contact_Us Page <-- My details are there but please use discretion when ringing the Mobile after-hours. Otherwise just use the form on the page and i will get back to you. Please be patient as sometimes it may take a day or two.

Regards.
December 13, 2010 04:04AM
i'm in sydney unfortunately- doesn't seem to be as much reprap action. i'll shoot you a form about getting some samples but take your time i already have other samples i'm yet to try.
December 14, 2010 04:59AM
I picked up some sample rods from Jeremy today. I'll have them with me at the next Melbourne HackerSpace. Was good to see the setup they have, and all the materials they produce.
December 15, 2010 06:38AM
Cefiar Wrote:
> I picked up some sample rods from Jeremy today.
> I'll have them with me at the next Melbourne
> HackerSpace. Was good to see the setup they have,
> and all the materials they produce.

If you get the chance, are you able to weigh the sample rods you have so we can get a $/kg estimation.

Thanks!
December 15, 2010 04:27PM
They're about 7-8 grams a rod.

Based on 8 grams, it should be about 800g per 100m, or 400g per 50m, which is close to the weight I guessed at.

That was on his scales.. I haven't got scales that go that low. Will see what I can do.

BTW; I'll have them at CCHS on Tuesday, along with other bits and bobs (which includes your PLA Capo).
December 19, 2010 08:14AM
Cefiar Wrote:
> They're about 7-8 grams a rod.
>
> Based on 8 grams, it should be about 800g per
> 100m, or 400g per 50m, which is close to the
> weight I guessed at.

So thats somewhere around AUD$50/kg including GST. Looking at the wiki page this seems to be a little on the steep side. Or am I missing something?

Cefiar Wrote:
> BTW; I'll have them at CCHS on Tuesday, along with
> other bits and bobs (which includes your PLA
> Capo).

Thanks! I should finally be able to make it this week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
capolight.wordpress.com
December 19, 2010 03:57PM
Capo Wrote:
> Cefiar Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They're about 7-8 grams a rod.
> >
> > Based on 8 grams, it should be about 800g per
> > 100m, or 400g per 50m, which is close to the
> > weight I guessed at.
>
> So thats somewhere around AUD$50/kg including GST.
> Looking at the wiki page this seems to be a little
> on the steep side. Or am I missing something?
>

I will set a price here that is accurate so there is no more confusion and I will adjust the Wiki page to suite.

ABS - 50 mtr coil Black or White - Bagged
Weight 490gms
AUD $16.15 + GST
- naturally subject to change over time.

Other Colours inc. Natural POA

PLA TBA

Hope this helps clear any confusion.

*EDIT -- the above price is based on the 2-10th's of nothing that is purchased in Australia by the plastic fabrication industry as a whole.

If the group could give me some indication of usage, I could run and hold stock this would naturally drive the price down and I couldn't see why $ 18.25 + G Kg wasn't achievable.

I have looked at the suppliers page at the Wiki and this is inline with or drastically better than other purchase options.

Regards

Jeremy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 04:51PM by SNOMANN.
December 19, 2010 08:36PM
Thanks for the update Jeremy.
March 15, 2011 10:02PM
I'm looking for PLA in the coming months is it possible to get supplies in Melbourne?
May 08, 2011 02:19AM
Yes we have about 40 Kg of resin on the floor and will run PLA in the next 2 weeks in both 1.75 and 3.0 mm - Natural only at this time.
May 23, 2011 05:43AM
HI..

Just wondering what the status of the PLA is.. Looking to get some to try before I comit to a large buy.

Auzze
May 24, 2011 09:01PM
Also waiting on PLA, would like 1.75mm filament if possible.
May 25, 2011 02:53AM
Same here, I would also love to buy some PLA.

Schulz
May 25, 2011 09:25AM
could people please posts their results with jeremy's PLA? how it compares with other pla (from say the U.S or Europe)?

I'd also like to voice my interest. I'd make 1 kilo purchases fairly regularly.

P.S

Anyone reprapping Canberra? yawning smiley
May 25, 2011 03:24PM
HI..

Well I hate to say but the local supplier hasn't returned my phone calls or e-mail about PLA, not sure why but me think they can't supply.
If you are looking for PLA, I use Vik's great PLA from NZ (http://diamondage.co.nz/pla) I few people use it plus it prints great.
Sadly, we are in Melbourne.

Auzze

sketchyarchitect Wrote:
> could people please posts their results with
> jeremy's PLA? how it compares with other pla (from
> say the U.S or Europe)?
>
> I'd also like to voice my interest. I'd make 1
> kilo purchases fairly regularly.
>
> P.S
>
> Anyone reprapping Canberra? yawning smiley
Hi my name is Vijay. I am setting up a welding rods extrusion factory in Riyadh. The advantage is cheap raw materials and cheap electricity.

I am looking for a distributor partner, who can move approx. 5 tons welding rods per month. Anybody interested? Promise very good margins for you.

Please write to me on my email id atawanevijay(at)yahoo.com. Found this blog by chance. Perhaps the good Lord wants me to find a partner.

Cheers,
Vijay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login