Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

one step forward , two steps back

Posted by scorpia 
one step forward , two steps back
May 31, 2011 05:35PM
Hi guys,

just thought i would pop a quick post up.

I managed to get the max6675 PCB working fine and installed the heater block that auzze gave me, i even got to the point of doing a first print.

well the first print had some issues but worst of all it showed that the home made prit head that rob made had some issues as well.

long story short, it ended up breaking the thread on the ptfe and ozzing pla out around the nozzle and out the top.

So im after another nozzle. any suggestions guys?

Peter
Re: one step forward , two steps back
June 01, 2011 03:35AM
If you go down the Mendel Parts route, let me know, as I'm thinking of doing the same, and by combining orders, we can save on the ludicrous shipping from the EU to Aus.

PS: Myndale had the same problem with his nozzle, and I suggested the same to him. I'll ping him again and see what he's doing.
June 01, 2011 06:07PM
hey guys, a friend of mine has expressed interest in making a mendel, and I think he was looking at the kits on mendel-parts... perhaps send me a PM if you're going to buy things from there so we can arrange a bulk melbourne order?
June 02, 2011 10:04PM
well, for now i have ordered a nozzle from australia.

it might only be a temparary solution but at least it should arrive quickly.

aside from that i was doing some testing and found that adding a pen was very easy and now it seems i have a plotter.

until the hotend turns up i will have a play with getting the printer to plot the thermocouple pcb and see if it works.
June 02, 2011 11:04PM
Where in Aussie did you find a nozzle?
June 03, 2011 03:15AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login