Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

August MRRUG Meetup - Saturday August 13th.

Posted by Cefiar 
August MRRUG Meetup - Saturday August 13th.
July 31, 2011 07:49AM
The idea is simple. Meet up with fellow people interested in 3D printing, see what others are doing, have a chat about things, put faces to names, and possibly learn stuff!

There isn't any presentations or talks or anything. It's not that formal an event! Just a relaxing chance to mingle with other people interested in the world of 3D printing.

If you don't have a 3D printer, don't worry, there'll still be lots to talk about. If you do, then feel free to bring it along.

Date:
Saturday August 13th, 2011
Time:
12:30pm till 5pm (or so)
Place:
PM me for the location details.

Notes:
This is being held at my home address, so if you think someone else should come along, ASK ME TO INVITE THEM, rather than just giving out my address.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2011 07:53AM by Cefiar.
Re: August MRRUG Meetup - Saturday August 13th.
August 07, 2011 11:42PM
*bump*

Just a reminder that the meet-up is THIS SATURDAY. So if you want to come along and haven't contacted me already, do so now!
August 13, 2011 04:27AM
HI..

Just a quick note

It was great to see so many reprapper at the meeting, we even had 2, yes 2 Makerbot plus a heap of prursa and a mendel. lots for 3d printer chat and exchange of ideas.

Also a BIG THANKS to Cefiar for hosting the meeting.

Auzze
August 13, 2011 09:11PM
AndyG (of Geekscape and the CCHS/HackMelbourne Hackerspace), did a quick run-around with his iPhone of most of the printers there. I think 2 got missed but it gives people an idea about the meet-ups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKjB-Qw62Tg

I think we had 16 people all up, which is a massive turn-out! This included 1 person from Ballarat and 3 people from Albury (I think it was 3)!

Unfortunately, this means we've outgrown my garage! Hopefully CCHS/HackMelbourne will have a space soon and we can meet there every few months instead!

PS: If it comes to it, are people willing to pay a few $$$ to have the next one? I ask because if CCHS/HackMelbourne do not have a space, we may need to pay for a venue. sad smiley
August 14, 2011 06:39AM
Absolutely happy to pay for a space myself. Apart from the fact that these get-togethers are a lot of fun I also find I learn quite a bit from each one, even when I've got a baby attached to the front of me smiling smiley
August 14, 2011 07:43AM
Big thanks to Cefiar for organising and hosting from the two Albury crew (Jaime & Jan) and my brother Marshall (who's here in Melbourne). It was great to meet everyone and put some names to faces.

Marshall took a bunch of photos of the machines and put them up here:

[ismash.imgur.com]

I hope to have my 1x2 Repstrap running by the next one, and be on my way to printing my own bits. We'll be happy to contribute to renting some space, and a food budget.

Cheers,
Jan
August 14, 2011 07:30PM
Yes it was an awsome meet. great to see a few new faces and some of the old ones as well

for anyone who hasnt allready dont forget to pop your details on the victoria/melbourne RUG page. its here VictoriaRUG

it seems to be for southern australia as we have a SA and a TAS guys on there as well. so feel free to add yourself
August 14, 2011 07:55PM
Thanks to all who gave their advice to me at the start of the meet, i was getting a bit down on the little project i had started but it sure invigorated my view and seeing them print so well was fantastic. Thanks to Auzze and the others and especially Cef for the space as well.

As a suggestion, I know Homesglen hire/rent/allow use of their auditorium as well as the little area outside of that for weekend use. I'd be more than happy to chip in as well but it could be used as a bit of a meet up space. Hopefully it's not too expensive or if we can find a good alternate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login