Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seeking Help - Need a part printed

Posted by Shibboleth 
Seeking Help - Need a part printed
September 25, 2011 07:13PM
Hi Guys,
Need a bit of help. I'm assembing my Prusa, and I've just realised that the standard Wade's extruder won't work with my Arcol hot-end. They have different mounting points.

I need someone to print out this part for me. Please drop me a line if you're able to help. Willing to pay reasonable rates.
Re: Seeking Help - Need a part printed
September 25, 2011 07:42PM
where abouts are you?

we are having a meeting for the melbourne hackerspace tomorrow night. I could probably print one for you there if you like.

Peter
September 25, 2011 07:51PM
I'm in Blackwater, Queensland, so I don't think I'll be able to make it to Melbourne tomorrow. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I posted in this forum, since it's most active forum, thought I'd have the best chance of finding someone to help.
September 27, 2011 03:11AM
if you want a good quality part I would suggest you PM greg frost. he should be able to sort it out for you.

If you have issues then post again here and ill see if i can print one for you. my prints arnt the best but it should get you working.
Interestingly my I managed to get my arcol mounted without too much trouble.

The key problem I had was that one of the three screw heads that hold the top three wooden circles to the three steel 'long bolts' stuck up to high and was touch the large gear on the wades extruder.

To get around this I simply counter sunk the bolt through the first of the three wooden circles.

The only other issue was that the two large bolts that where intended to attach to the hotend to the extruder were simply too large. I substituted these for a pair of short m4s.

Brett
September 27, 2011 07:39PM
That's interesting, who produced your RP pieces? The holes in my Wade's extruder don't line up at all with the mounting bolts on the Arcol. I can't drill new holes either, as the location would go the main block of the extruder, and not come through.
HI All

I need a Prusa kit printed. Can anyone help me out. I'm based in Canberra. Is there anyone here who has a printer.

Peter
October 05, 2011 07:56AM
hmm, I don't remember.

Sorry not much help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login