Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motor control issues

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Motor control issues
November 06, 2008 11:38AM
i am trying to fix 2 reprap version darwin 1.0 that freshmen of a computer engineering course try to build but just broke, so i am in need of a little help.

my current issues is that when i try to control the stepper motors for movement they either only move in one direction or (in the case of the z axis) the axis reverse the direction from moving up once the stepper exercise slider bar gets past so high. ( i think 32k ticks)

i am using the DVD image version 0.6 software fully installed. i don't think it is the software because i was able to get all the correct movement on the first of the 2 repraps but had frictions issues so i began work on the another one. with the z-idler pulley set i was able to get the second of the 2 repraps able to move without issues but not under control of the boards

i even tried moving the board from the first of the 2 repraps (functional movement but too much friction) to the second reprap, where there is still control issues.

any advise?

and is there a link for the wiring set up between the boards someone could link me just so i have confirm i am using the correct set up?

after further testing i have determine that my x and y axis are working correctly but my z axis still rolls over at little over 32516 ticks...any ideas what the issue could be?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2008 12:15PM by etgrh18.
Re: Motor control issues
November 06, 2008 12:30PM
Well, 2^15 is 32,768; so if you're using 16 bit signed integers,
32,767 + 1 = -32,768

I hit that one with the Arduino dwell code - if you give it 33 s or more, it crashes, as it should. smiling smiley

Your comp sci guys should know what to do; for now you can either not go so far, or try a different software version. I've been having good luck with the Gcode firmware.

Wade
Anonymous User
Re: Motor control issues
November 13, 2008 08:37PM
problem resolved...just change some setting in the preferences
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login