Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motor Driver versions

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Stepper Motor Driver versions
December 02, 2008 11:48AM
I've been slowly acquiring parts for my machine and started with one Stepper Motor Driver Kit v1.1. Now I that I'm getting close to buying my next one or two I find that there is a v1.2 now. I was prepared for the connections on the v1.1 board, but am not quite prepared for the v1.2. What are the main differences between the two versions and is the v1.1 still available anywhere?

Thanks!
Re: Stepper Motor Driver versions
December 02, 2008 03:08PM
You can find all information about the v1.2 SMD here:
[reprap.org]

Quickly reading over it I saw:

1. It has ethernet connectors for the opto endswitches, which are backwards compatible with the 1.1 version. You can solder in a pin strip or any other connector. No problem.

2. It has an IDC connector instead of the old directly soldered wires. The pin functions are the same as with the old version, though. No Problem.

3. The normal jumper for the stepping mode has been replaced with a solder jumper. No problem here.

Please anyone correct me if I am wrong winking smiley
I'd use the new version and the new connectors if I hadn't built mine yet.
Anonymous User
Re: Stepper Motor Driver versions
December 03, 2008 12:20PM
Thanks for the reply and pointing out the primary differences for me. I'm not actually using the SMD board for a Reprap. I figured that it could just as easily be used for the same purpose on my homebuilt CNC machine. I don't plan on using endswitches at this point, and it looks like I can use a couple rows of breakaway headers in place of the IDC connector. So no problem with those. I'll take your word for the stepping mode jumper, though, since I'm not familiar with that yet.

Now that that hurdle has been overcome I can forge on with my project.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login