Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new kid

Posted by krishnanhemanth 
new kid
March 01, 2009 09:06AM
hi reprapers

Firstly my heartfull appreciation to the reprap team for contributing such a cuuting edge technology to the world.

I have decided to build the darwin1.
i have a lot of confidence but my electronics knowledge is quite poor.
I have a doubt.
When referring to the Sanguino board, do i have to get the Arduino first or the sanguino board is a standalone one.( will the sanguino work only along with the arduino or the sanguino itself is standalone )
please help me.
thanks in advance.
Re: new kid
March 01, 2009 10:52AM
The sanguino is a standalone board.

If you order though the reprap store it comes with a boot loader pre-programmed on it.

Which allows you upload code via the Arduino IDE, after you apply the Sanguino enviorment changes.
March 02, 2009 09:59AM
Thank you Freds

Thank you for your time

So what i understand is that Apart from the sanguino board , i should also have an Arduino Ide.
What else should i have to make the sanguino work.

Thanks in advance
March 02, 2009 12:11PM
Well that depends on how eager you are to get going.

Here's a link to the electronics section if you haven't seen it yet.

[reprap.org]

If you look at the wiring diagram for the Sanguino it makes reference to an extruder valve and fan, which I personally do not think are not main stream items at this time.

The store doesn't have much in stock for kits rights now as I think they are getting ready to field generation III electronics.

There is a Sanguion motherboard that details have been posted on that does away with a lot of the point to point wiring that it required, "has an SD card slot, and all sorts of other goodies."

Here's a link for getting started on software stuff for the Sanguino

[sanguino.cc]

There's stuff going on as people try things out, visit the main blog and builders blogs and do lots of reading. Of course if you do wait for it get prefected you will never get started.
March 06, 2009 01:39AM
Thank you freds for the tip
i am planning to build the sanguino by myself becoz most of the time the reprap stores are out of stock.
should i need to build the sanguino mother board or the regular generation2 sanguino

Thanks in advance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login