Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen 6 firmware

Posted by NelsonRap 
Gen 6 firmware
September 26, 2011 01:50AM
Is there a way to tell if the firmware has been successfully flashed as I suspect I might have a problem but need to see what the firmware actually is on the board so that I can see if my changes to the E steps are getting uploaded properly.

I cannot achieve 100mm of travel no matter what I set the firmware E steps to anymore. I can consistently get 75mmm of extrude even with radically differing e steps numbers, so beginning to wonder if my firmware isn't updating even though it says it has

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 01:50AM by NelsonRap.

September 26, 2011 02:24AM
I don't know if you'll find this helpful or not.

At one point I thought I'd completely bricked my gen6 board uploading my firmware after adjusting my three axises.

Turned out I hadn't waited long enough after my computer said it had finished uploading the new firmware before turning off power to my gen6 board.
Re: Gen 6 firmware
September 26, 2011 03:17AM
Hmm

I uploaded and as soon as it said it had finished, I opened Repsnapper and carried on, maybe I need to turn the power on and off before doing the next test run, I'm sure I didn't originally but can't remember, will see what happens tomorrow it's early evening here now time to watch TV and have a break

September 26, 2011 06:58PM
Fingers crossed it's fixed

September 26, 2011 09:49PM
What did you ultimately end up doing to fix it?

NelsonRap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fingers crossed it's fixed
September 26, 2011 10:00PM
I don't really know, I just changed the E steps again and uploaded but then gave it a good couple of minutes before opening repsnapper. I also removed my hot end so I would not keep wasting plastic. and so far it seems to be behaving

September 27, 2011 01:35AM
After Arduino says "Done", press the reset button for about 1 second, then let go and wait about 10 seconds. Unplug the power cord. Reconnect.

I've flashed about 100 Gen6's; this seems to be the best way to ensure the board has reset after a flash.
September 27, 2011 02:05AM
Ok thanks for the advice, next time I will do that

Click here to login