Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Residual engine noise axis X and Y

Posted by turkka 
Residual engine noise axis X and Y
December 15, 2011 10:30AM
Hello,
I use a GEN7 board 1.3.1. When moving along X, Y, or Z axis I have a residual engine noise with motors X and Y. They seem alternatively under voltage. Someone has an idea to remove these noises? Moreover, these two engines seem a little more heated.

Thanks a lot
Re: Residual engine noise axis X and Y
December 15, 2011 11:57AM
If you're using an ATX supply it might be too little load on the 5V line. I had motor vibration and communication issues until I put a better load on 5V.

[reprap.org]

If you measure the 12V line as you add more load to 5V you will see the voltage get closer to 12V the more the 5V line is loaded down.

12V 50W light bulbs sold for accent lighting have pins sticking out that will fit between the case and socket in a molex connector. That's a pretty good load for the 5V line. Or get a few power resistors.
December 15, 2011 12:50PM
Can you explain the way to put a better load on 5V.
December 15, 2011 06:33PM
Connect a 10W 5 ohm power resistor between 5V and ground (Red to black) or a 5-12V light bulb or anything that will draw at least an amp at 5V. I just went to the hardware store and got a couple 12V 50W light bulb with pins sticking out that can be wedged into the molex connector. They draw a couple amps at 5V.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login