Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ROSTOCK HELP!!!

Posted by Area52 
ROSTOCK HELP!!!
October 13, 2013 12:11AM
Ok guys, I dove head first into the printer scene and now im really paying for it. I have a classic rostock printer. Got all my guts from Sainsmart. [www.sainsmart.com] Ramps 1.4 and the Sainsmart A4988 drivers. Firmware is Repetier and am using Repetier host. My problem is when I send g28, the printer spazz's out. It is violent and random. I have adjusted the trim pots on the drivers and have tried every combination of firmware settings with no luck. Here is my configuration.h. [pastebin.com] I am beggining to think the drivers are borked. I am desperate at this point and have spent countless hours troubleshooting! Please help!
Re: ROSTOCK HELP!!!
October 16, 2013 01:58PM
I don't use Repetier, but your config file looks okay. Generally, if you have a "spazzing" motor, it means one of the following is happening:

1.) Trimpots are set way too high and thermal shutdown is happening
2.) Trimpots are way too low, and the motor is stalling
3.) Acceleration, speed, or jerk is set way too high and the motor is stalling/binding
4.) Motors are wired incorrectly

Since your accel and speed values seem reasonable, and you've set the trimpots, I'd recommend trying to change motor wiring. Simplest thing to do is take the motor connector, and swap the positions of the two middle wires. Pololus have a reputation as being delicate, but they generally break only if they made a large move with the trimpots too high, had shorted pins, or were removed or had the motor unplugged while powered. Unless you did one of these to all three drivers, it's likely not the drivers' fault.

If that doesn't help, report back here, and hopefully someone more familiar with Repetier can give you further suggestions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login