Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not getting a heat bed reading?!?!

Posted by phate 
Not getting a heat bed reading?!?!
October 14, 2013 02:12PM
Hey everyone its been a while since I last updated. I have conquered all the previous calibration issues and am on my way to making nice prints. Which brings me to my new problem, I am not getting a heat bed reading on pronterface. I have checked the 100k thermistor and sure enough it ohms out and when switch it with the extruder thermistor it gets a reading (but its under the extruder name not the heat bed). What do you guys think?
Re: Not getting a heat bed reading?!?!
October 14, 2013 02:24PM
Send an M105 manually and look at the response. If there's only one number, the heated bed isn't configured at all. If there's a zero, the thermistor wiring doesn't match the firmware configuration (pin selection).

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 14, 2013 03:01PM
thanks for the reply and here is the response:

SENDING:M105
ok T:18.79 B:0.00 @:0
October 14, 2013 06:11PM
Oh and now that I think of it that D8 port that supposed to power the bed doesn't work either (I had it hardwired to the power supply to test it). Can that be connected to the thermistor not working?
October 14, 2013 07:39PM
A little update, after more research I figured out I had to install python and sprintereye popping smiley. Now that I did that the thermistor and D8 port worksmiling smiley. Unfortunately, another problem sprung up, my X carriage seems to randomly make a grinding/vibrating noise but I guess that's for a different category. Thanks to all.
October 14, 2013 09:20PM
That's probably just a voltage adjustment on the pololu chip.

October 14, 2013 11:17PM
Sorry for the newb question but what exactly is the pololu chip and how do I adjust it? Thanks in advance.
October 15, 2013 06:03PM
Its a small PCB motor driver board mounted on the Ramps board (that's if yours is a Ramps board). You will have at least 4 of them.

Go to the link below and select 11.4 (pololu stepper driver calibration) and follow that. Be very careful where you stick your screwdriver.- you don't wanna short anything - use a plastic adjuster if you have one.)

Note: Ignore the bit where it tells you to put the negative test lead, it will be safer to poke it in the 12v power input connector on the edge of the board (negative terminal)

October 15, 2013 09:06PM
Ok another interesting update the grinding/vibrating only happens when I move the motor wires by their crimp connections. So I guess that means loose connections or shorting out?
October 16, 2013 01:34AM
Could be - that's a common problem. I solder mine after crimping. Check that no pins have been pushed back as well.

Click here to login