Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fan blower?

Posted by Ohmarinus 
Fan blower?
January 27, 2014 03:22PM
Hi, I'm looking for this kind of blowing fan (they go by the name 'radial fan') that is not a 40x40mm for example, but this kind of fan that has an intake at the side and then a circular housing with a pipe square or round towards the side of the fan.

Where can I find these? I have found a few, but they all cost a fortune, and I'm looking for one to use to cool my hotend.

Oh, and when I was looking for a fan, I found this weird Ebay listing:
[www.ebay.nl]

How can someone have sold 1221 of those for the price of 119 euros?... Is there a bug in Ebay!?
Same with this: [www.ebay.nl] what the hell are these kind of prices!????????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2014 03:23PM by Ohmarinus.
Re: Fan blower?
January 27, 2014 04:45PM
Digikey has them listed as a "blower" as compared to a tubeaxial for a more traditional CPU-style fan. Searching ebay for "12v blower" returns results like you're looking for. Another name is centrifugal fan but I think that's usually for the larger versions, not the size you're looking for.

The weird pricing you're seeing I beleive is sellers effectively "delisting" their item while still having it still listed. No one is going to buy it at the high price buy links to it still work for search engines. Reasons for this would be temporary supply disruptions, going on vacation and not being able to process orders, etc. It could also be an automated posting that has an error in a conversion somewhere.
January 27, 2014 05:24PM
I use these www.ebay.nl/itm/400439777367 but if you search "Blower Fan 4020S" you will find others
January 28, 2014 11:57AM
Thanks guys! Exactly, I was looking for radial fans, but I only got those that are in the air-ducts in kitchens and such.

The reason why I want a few is because I notice they have a much better airflow than conventional fans. I have one but it's too big sadly.
January 28, 2014 03:01PM
Ohmarinus
The reason why I want a few is because I notice they have a much better airflow than conventional fans. I have one but it's too big sadly.
It all depends on the specs of the fan. High CFM (amount of air) may be useless if the static pressure is very low and the air can't move around an obstruction (e.g. a tight heat sink). Or high static pressure useless if you're just blowing on the printed part. You need to look at both CFM and static pressure. Also consider power requirements and size. Not all fans are created equal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login