Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to identify board on my 2nd hand printer think it a Gen6

Posted by Evilman 
how to identify board on my 2nd hand printer think it a Gen6
November 07, 2014 12:27PM
hello to all of you this is my 1st post and I look fwd to becoming a contributing member of this forum in the future.....
but I need a bit of help 1st... I need to Identify the board I have, I have a strong suspicion it is a gen6, but want to be very sure of what I have before attempting expansions such as adding bed heater, and fan control... I don't like letting the magic smoke out of things. currently It is running marlin firmware and I am using repetier {yes I donated to repetier as I very much like their product} and have gotten things calibrated and working very well nice smooth prints, good adhesion between layers and almost no stringing.
so here is what I think I know.
bought a used prusa mendle type machine, theoretically it is from 3dstuffmaker.com but I bought it used on ebay and can't be positive and 3dstuffmaker.coms tech support and I don't seem to mesh very well unfortunately. I have posted a picture or two in hopes of a nice simple answer. and yes it is dusty thinking I need a filtered enclosure as I live in the sonoran desert in southwest Arizona USA.

I will have a few more questions once I know what I have for sure.

and thank you in advance for any assistance you may give me.

Sean aka Evilman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2014 01:38PM by Evilman.
Attachments:
open | download - 20141107_101031-1_resized.jpg (320.9 KB)
open | download - 20141107_101037-1_resized.jpg (421.1 KB)
open | download - 20141107_101042-1_resized.jpg (299.8 KB)
open | download - 20141107_101046-1_resized.jpg (432.4 KB)
Re: how to identify board on my 2nd hand printer think it a Gen6
November 07, 2014 02:50PM
I saw 3dstuffmaker on the board, so I went to their website and found this, so yes it looks like a Gen6. It also looks like it could use a cleaning smiling smiley
Re: how to identify board on my 2nd hand printer think it a Gen6
November 08, 2014 01:23AM
thank you....that is what I was thinking but really appreciate confirmation. now I can go chase rest of my wants and look for answers very specifically....
yeah needs another dusting.... its ridiculous how much dust parks its self on stuff here in the desert... that is one week of dust accumulation....hence my idea of doing filtered air enclosed box for it....dust is insulation and I don't want or need additional heat here lol.

Sean
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login