Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

noob trying to install rumba

Posted by Ellie5747 
noob trying to install rumba
August 04, 2015 06:36AM
hello people I am trying to install my geetech rumba board I can upload firmware etc no problem my hot end heats up everything seems fine but my stepper motors are just buzzing vibrating not moving I have checked the wires they seem fine am I missing something.
but I am not sure if I have set the jumpers correct under the drivers too.
I am using rumba with a4988 and 17hs3001-20b steppermotors. and marlin firmware. if any body has any ideas or if you have a pic of how to set the jumpers.
my jumpers seem different to wiki mine look upside down and other picks I can find are pins with jumpers not dipswitches ?.
this is my first time building a 3d printer so I have a lot to learn. I can provide a copy of my firmware?.
maybe I have messed something up in that.
any help is much appreciated.
Re: noob trying to install rumba
August 04, 2015 08:23AM
Ellie5747
hello people I am trying to install my geetech rumba board I can upload firmware etc no problem my hot end heats up everything seems fine but my stepper motors are just buzzing vibrating not moving I have checked the wires they seem fine am I missing something.
but I am not sure if I have set the jumpers correct under the drivers too.
I am using rumba with a4988 and 17hs3001-20b steppermotors. and marlin firmware. if any body has any ideas or if you have a pic of how to set the jumpers.
my jumpers seem different to wiki mine look upside down and other picks I can find are pins with jumpers not dipswitches ?.
this is my first time building a 3d printer so I have a lot to learn. I can provide a copy of my firmware?.
maybe I have messed something up in that.
any help is much appreciated.

Problem solved it only took me 3days ;(. But here is what was wrong.
The wiki was wrong the motor wire plugs are different take a look at the leads geeetech send you.
The attached image is the right way to have them.
hope this can help others out.
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (21.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login