Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where to get the Sanguino Chip ?

Posted by freds 
Where to get the Sanguino Chip ?
March 10, 2009 12:43AM
In one of my experiments I must have gotten some EMF into my Sanguino Chip as some of my PWM pins stopped working.

I have the Sanguino breakout board so I was going to populate that also.

But I seemed to be unable to source the ATMEGA644P-20PU-ND chip?
Re: Where to get the Sanguino Chip ?
March 11, 2009 12:23PM
The -ND at the end of your part number is specific to digikey. That'll make it a lot harder to source the part.

Normally, I'd suggest digikey, but they seem to be out of stock at the moment. I'd suggest just getting the ATMEGA644-20PU instead. It just takes a little more power than the ATMEGA644O-20PU.
March 11, 2009 03:50PM
ahhh it has another important difference in that it only has one serial port and the stated direction is to move to sub controllers via the second port.

Here's a migration document.

[www.atmel.com]

Digikey has almost 1700 of these in stock and zero of the P model.
March 11, 2009 05:22PM
Whups, missed that part!

In that case... Use one with less flash?
March 11, 2009 07:45PM
Fred, et al,

If you want this chip with a bootloader pre-installed, you might look at the RBFK644 from [wulfden.org] it comes with a few other components (and probably costs more than the unprogrammed avr), but it's apparently in stock. I have no experience with this Co., yet -- but they did answer my question re stock status very promptly. I may order another sanguino or shield from them, since they have it in stock (and rrrf.org's store seems to be out, still.)

HTH,

Larry Pfeffer,

My blog about building repstrap Cerberus:
[repstrap-cerberus.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login