Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Azteeg X3 - connection to power supply

Posted by bishupz1 
Azteeg X3 - connection to power supply
April 21, 2014 04:33PM
I recently changed my controller card back to the to the Azteeg X3. I previously switched to the Arduino mega 2560, though a mosfet burnt out so back to the original board.

my question is when I hook up the power supply (12v 30amp -- not the atx version - which I think was the root of a lot of problems power wise) should I combine the two positive 12v and the grounds? On the Arduino mega the power was fine in running a single extruder with heatbed. On the Azteeg X3 the single 12v connection can not power the extruder and heatbed.

I don't want to test this out without know if this is the proper move to make, it seems this could easily burn out the power supply or the board if I do something wrong. I did look over various images of peoples setups that I thought would give some insight, but did not find any documentation or pictures of people combining the two power lines. I guess I am wondering because the mega 2560 connects both 12v lines in two separate terminals. I am not the best at electricity, so I am guessing at that point I would have 24v at 30amp (amps not changing, but the voltage would increase). Eventually I need to also incorporate back in the Viki LCD, but there is not enough power as is for now.

Here is one of the best examples I found where they are powering dual extruders, heatbed, and stepper motors with dual z-axis. [www.bukobot.com] (I would scroll to the bottom of the page and move up from there)
Though they only are using the one 12v rail.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2014 05:01PM by bishupz1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login