Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet 0.6 + Duex Issue

Posted by aEtherEater 
Re: Duet 0.6 + Duex Issue
December 20, 2015 03:12PM
If you are referring to the different colour on the left hand edges of the red background of the buttons displaying the active temperatures, that is almost certainly an issue with the display panel. If it bothers you, get a new display panel. 5 and 7 inch panels are supported, as well as the 4.3 inch panel you have.

The horizontal banding on the buttons is deliberate, and my attempt to give some relief on the buttons. The controller chip only supports 16-bit colour so the transitions are not as small as I would like. It isn't really visible if you view the display straight on.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 21, 2015 07:23PM
Dc42. Thanks. I thought that thecolor change was not right. I will just have to live with it I guess. It's only cosmetic but if it could be fixed then that would have been great.
December 23, 2015 07:32PM
dc42
DRTak
I searched the web and cannot find any information on how to create Macros for the duet web interface?

I guess I need to add that to the wiki pages. This is how you do it:

1. Create a directory on the SD card called /macros.

2. Populate it with files who name is the text you want to appear on the web interface and on PanelDue (no need for a .g or .gcode extension), and whose contents are the gcodes you want to run. You can upload these through the Macros tab on the web interface.

The firmware automatically does a push before running a macro file, so certain parameters get saved and restored, e.g. feed rate, relative/absolute movement, and relative/absolute extrusion.

I have made the macro file and folder. Put the folder on the SD card. Booted it up. And the Macros appear on the web interface but do not work. I have attached a picture. The macro file looks like this. M119 is file. It was a text file. I put into the text file M119. Then deleted the extension *.txt. So the file is just called M119. Uploaded it to the web interface. So the M119 Macro appears but does not work? Any Ideas?
Attachments:
open | download - Capture.JPG (113.5 KB)
open | download - M119 (4 bytes)
December 24, 2015 03:06AM
You may need to go to the Gcode Console page of the web interface to see the output from M119.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

December 24, 2015 07:00PM
dc42
You may need to go to the Gcode Console page of the web interface to see the output from M119.

Bingo. Thats it. Thanks so much. Merry Xmas all especially DC42.
January 05, 2016 02:51PM
I have another issue with my duet 0.6. I finally got the carriages in from China. Put the machine back together. Did some auto calibrations test. And finally I got perfect homing and calibration. So I heated the hotbed and extruder. Got it up to temp and attempted to print something out. Then all of sudden the system shut down. I cannot power the system from the ac adapter. The ac adapter works. I tested it. NO fuse is blown. I hook it up with the usb cable and the lights on the duet come on. But I cannot connect to it from the web interface. I checked the wiring and nothing is smoking. No smell of burnt electoronics? I have no idea what I did wrong. I cannot get the system to power up with the ac adapter.

Anyone have any ideas?

Update. Tested all connections on the AC adapter with my voltmeter. Turns out I think one of the V+ leads is loose. Intermeittenly connects. So I need to resolder it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2016 03:23PM by DRTak.
January 05, 2016 06:55PM
Depending on the type of cable you use to provide 12V or 24V to the power input terminal block on the Duet, it's quite common for the terminal block screws to need re-tightening after a few hours or days of operation. Preferably, use either solid core cable, or stranded core with bootlace ferrules crimped on the ends.

January 08, 2016 05:44PM
Thanks for the help DC42.

I noticed that my 2nd thermistor on the duex was giving abberant readings. So I bought a IR thermometer and it was way off. I decided to again look at the pinouts for the duex thermistor. And swapped the ground to another port. This fixed the issue. Unlike the picture on the reprap wiki that shows the terminals for the thermistor for extruder 4 side by side. I have noticed that this is not the case. You have to hook one lead to the THERM pin and the other ground to the outer edge GND pin not the one next to it.

This might be a fluke but now my Paneldue hue issue is gone
January 14, 2016 05:48PM
I have a new issue. I was trying to upload a file to the web browser but it wouldnt let me. It was a 5.7meg file. The web interface would just crash. So I tried printing the file using Repetier while NOT online with the device. I plugged the printer to my USB port. The file would start with the 3 Loops Skirt but only print 1 of the loops then stop. I tried another file that was smaller (only 1meg). It also wouldnt print. The movement of the duet was very jerky. This doesnt happen with the web interface printing? Is the duet firmeware not compatible with Repetier. If so what other software can I use to print?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2016 05:48PM by DRTak.
January 15, 2016 06:28AM
DRTak
I have a new issue. I was trying to upload a file to the web browser but it wouldnt let me. It was a 5.7meg file. The web interface would just crash. So I tried printing the file using Repetier while NOT online with the device. I plugged the printer to my USB port. The file would start with the 3 Loops Skirt but only print 1 of the loops then stop. I tried another file that was smaller (only 1meg). It also wouldnt print. The movement of the duet was very jerky. This doesnt happen with the web interface printing? Is the duet firmeware not compatible with Repetier. If so what other software can I use to print?

Which firmware version are you using, and which browser? I find that the latest version of FireFox has some issues with uploading large files, but Chrome is OK.

If connecting Repetier to a Duet over USB, it's best to adjust the flow control in Repetier. The setting you need is called "hardware flow control" or "ping-pong off" or something like that.

January 15, 2016 01:21PM
I am using firmware 1.09.
Web version 1.07
Browser: Chrome
I have attached a picture. I have check marked ping pong and saved it (it was unchecked before).
Attachments:
open | download - repeiter.JPG (113 KB)
January 15, 2016 01:36PM
DRTak
Web version 1.07
I have attached a picture. I have check marked ping pong and saved it (it was unchecked before).

What just 1.09 or is there a sublease letter it does make a difference also need to know if it is CH/DC or the original Reprap firmware?
January 15, 2016 05:43PM
dougal1957
DRTak
Web version 1.07

What just 1.09 or is there a sublease letter it does make a difference also need to know if it is CH/DC or the original Reprap firmware?
Thanks for the interest. Here is the info from the web interface:

Software Information
Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware
Firmware Version: 1.09k-dc42 (2015-09-20)
Web Interface Version: HTML: 1.07, JS: 1.07
Web Interface by Christian Hammacher
Licensed under the terms of the GPL v2
January 15, 2016 07:33PM
DRTak
Web version 1.07

You should UN check ping-pong for the Duet. It needs to be checked for most 8-bit controllers, which slows down data transfer.

I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to print from Repetier. I have never tried it. I used to print from Pronterface back in 2014. It might be worth asking on the Ormerod forum whether anyone uses Repetier with the Duet.

In the light of your previous reports with hue issues on PanelDue, I suspect you may have an issue with the power supply or with the Duet. Is it a Replikeo board? Have you checked the voltages on the 5V and 3.3V pins of the expansion connector?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2016 07:34PM by dc42.

January 16, 2016 12:55PM
dc42
DRTak
Web version 1.07

You should UN check ping-pong for the Duet. It needs to be checked for most 8-bit controllers, which slows down data transfer.

I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to print from Repetier. I have never tried it. I used to print from Pronterface back in 2014. It might be worth asking on the Ormerod forum whether anyone uses Repetier with the Duet.

In the light of your previous reports with hue issues on PanelDue, I suspect you may have an issue with the power supply or with the Duet. Is it a Replikeo board? Have you checked the voltages on the 5V and 3.3V pins of the expansion connector?

Ok. I went back to the default setting in repetier which is unchecked again.

It is a think3dprint3d board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2016 12:55PM by DRTak.
January 19, 2016 01:35PM
Unchecking the box did not help the issue.
January 19, 2016 01:43PM
DRTak

Noticed you have rep set to 256000 baud try 115,200 (the default for a Duet)

Doug
January 23, 2016 02:12PM
dougal1957
DRTak

Doug

Doug

Thanks so much that fixed the issue. The baud rate I had was too much. Thanks again.,
January 23, 2016 04:22PM
DRTak
dougal1957
DRTak

Doug

Doug

Thanks so much that fixed the issue. The baud rate I had was too much. Thanks again.,

Your Welcome?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login