Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

construction question...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
construction question...
March 06, 2008 11:32PM
Hi,

I'm in the middle of building a McWire, and I noticed that the nut for the leadscrew is way too small to fit snugly against the metal strap. What solutions did you guys come up with? I'm thinking of wrapping it in electrical tape or something similar until the right diameter is reached. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-b
Re: construction question...
March 08, 2008 10:23PM
I'm assuming you are talking about the drive nut that attaches to the stages? I don't know if this will help but I just welded a flange of metal on mine like such.

[picasaweb.google.com]

Instead of then welding that to something--your stages are presumably plexi--you can then drill holes in those bits and bolt them on. What ever you end up doing it needs to fit tightly as any wobble or wiggle will eventually get you a popped nut and a dead stage. At the very least you will get unwanted backlash--is any backlash wanted?!!

Demented
Anonymous User
Re: construction question...
March 08, 2008 11:04PM
Thanks Demented, I don't have access to a welding setup, but I might be able to work something out with what I've got. I just have to eliminate the extra space between the drive nut and the stage, without messing up the alignment of the leadscrew.
Thanks!
balm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login