Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Misumi open ended GBN Timing Belt for 2GT

Posted by CJ_MM2 
Misumi open ended GBN Timing Belt for 2GT
December 08, 2013 11:23PM
I like to try out the Misumi GT2 pulley and Misumi GBN timing belt (specifically for GT2 pulley), but on Misumi official site they do not offer open ended timing belt.
The longest closed ended GBN belt is only 994mm in length and that is a bit short for larger reprap. I have seem coreXY / H-belt setup that uses GT2 - do people use other belt type or there are other place where one can purchase very long open ended timing pulley for 2GT?

I also saw on [reprap.org] that mention 2GT belt can go as long as 9942mm ... but no mention on Misumi (only to 994mm) which is 10 times shorter then what the reprap wiki claims..
Also regularly on eBay I saw people selling / reselling belt for 2GT at 2m or above in length.. (or they not authentic or possibly mix the T belt in the GT pulley?)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2013 11:41PM by CJ_MM2.
A2
Re: Misumi open ended GBN Timing Belt for 2GT
December 09, 2013 03:46AM
T2.5 is a superior timing belt to a GT2, 2 meters is common on ebay:
[forums.reprap.org]
December 09, 2013 04:53AM
T2.5/GT2 are pulleys. So I assume you suggest me to use the belt suitable for T2.5 and apply it on GT2 pulley? But the the pitch and shape of teeth is different.
Or if you suggest me to switch to T2.5 setup completely, I have read enough post that suggest GT2 performance in regard to backlash is superior to T2.5.
But my question still remain: there are very long belt for GT2, longer than the original one that Misumi supplies - which I do not understand..
A2
December 09, 2013 08:12AM
nophead
Choosing belts and pulleys
That wiki article is misleading because it implies T5 and T2.5 cause backlash. That isn't true, either with printed pulleys, or the correct metal pulleys, only with cheap metal pulleys on eBay from Hong Kong that don't have the correct tooth profile.
[forums.reprap.org]

Choosing Belts and Pulleys
[reprap.org]
January 14, 2014 02:09PM
CJ_MM2
T2.5/GT2 are pulleys. So I assume you suggest me to use the belt suitable for T2.5 and apply it on GT2 pulley? But the the pitch and shape of teeth is different.
Or if you suggest me to switch to T2.5 setup completely, I have read enough post that suggest GT2 performance in regard to backlash is superior to T2.5.
But my question still remain: there are very long belt for GT2, longer than the original one that Misumi supplies - which I do not understand..

SDP-SI sell very long ones and RobotDigg also sells belts up to 1350mm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login