Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin blank display

Posted by scuba 
Marlin blank display
August 13, 2012 03:43AM
Recently I had some issues with my LCD Display connected to my GEN7 (ATMEGA1284 20MHz).
From time to time my display blanks out during prints. First at all I thought it could be related to connection problems through jittering of the whole machine. But also detaching my electronics from the corpus leads sometimes to the same behavior.
The funny thing is on some moves , for example retracts, the display text appears back for a moment. So maybe it might be a software based timing issue...
Can someone confirm this behavior?!
Re: Marlin blank display
September 05, 2012 07:31PM
I am seeing the exact same issue. Running the latest version of Marlin. Did you ever figure this out?
September 06, 2012 05:59AM
No unfortunately not.. but as I said it only apears from time to time ... lets say every 20th print... so it isn't that critical for me.
September 07, 2012 12:05AM
Hmm, well mine happens more often than that. I'm going to try adding a capacitor on the 5v line and see if that helps at all. I'll report back if I find any improvements.
September 19, 2012 07:03PM
Tried adding caps, decreasing power for LCD backlight, checked all connections a million times... Nothing. So I cut my ribbon cables down from 1m to 0.5m. Haven had a problem since.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login