Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Retrieving the Marlin speed multipliers via G Code

Posted by jbernardis 
Retrieving the Marlin speed multipliers via G Code
January 08, 2013 10:29AM
Through looking at both the Marlin documentation and the code itself, it seems as if there is no way for host software to retrieve either of the speed multipliers: feedmultiply and extrudemultiply. I have both an LCD panel and my own self-written host software. I can change the value of feedmultiplier via either. When I change via the host software, the LCD notes the change and immediately displays the new value; however, the inverse is not true; when I change the speed with the encoder, the host software knows nothing about it. I would like to be able to keep my host software display current with respect to the state of the firmware.

I was thinking of implementing a new M command to do this, but maybe I''ll add it to M114 since I already periodically poll the printer with this command. I was thinking of just doing this locally to my configuration, but if there is interest, I can figure out how to set it up as a pull request for consideration for inclusion into the official source code.

If I do the latter, I'm open to suggestions as to the best way to implement this..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login