Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

upgraded marlin now endstops arent being detected

Posted by oldmanbeefjerky 
upgraded marlin now endstops arent being detected
January 28, 2013 05:38AM
Hi

i recently bought a prusa mendel, with printrboard,
probably because some aluminium foil i was using to tightly wedge the hot end heater resistor touching the positive power lead, and one of the leads from the thermistor unknowingly also touching hot end, the thermistor blew and the port it uses is now dead. fortunately by changing the pin arrangement in the firmware, i was able to now use the heatbeds thermistor to read the tempurature off the hot end and essentially act the same, with the heat bed now totally ignored. This isnt a problem as i can easily build an external tempurature controller which will work fine.

To do this i had to upload the now edited marlin into the printrboard. Being as the firmware came included in the zip file containing the set up instructions for the printrboard, i asumed it would be the same as what was already installed.

After installing marlin, everything worked fine, except that now, the endstops (mechanical) are being ignored.
Using m114, i established its still reading them, but it isnt acting on it. After putting a clean unaltered version of marlin on the printrboard and getting the same results, ive established something is wrong with the firmware. Later i tried using the versions of marlin from github, both could not be compiled.

I need help to find exactly where in the firmware the endstops position is read and where this information is used to determine whether or not for the motor to keep moving.
While i can manually home the axis' and reset the values so prints occure as normal, its a hassle and its not meant to happen. Alternatively, could someone provide me with a link to marlin version normally preinstalled on Rev D printrboards, or a version anyone else uses that works?
Thanks
Re: upgraded marlin now endstops arent being detected
February 27, 2013 05:18PM
If you use M119 and see "TRIGGERED" for active endstops and "open" for inactive ones then your hardware is fine, and your Marlin is also happily detecting them, and at that point it should do the right thing, unless settings are funky. Have you tried messing with the various ENDSTOP settings in Configuration.h? What behavior are you seeing now? When an endstop is hit the axis just tries to keep going, or do you have the min_software_endstops enabled to (hopefully) prevent the crash?

|
| Lead Developer of Marlin Firmware
| Help support my work at Patreon and Elsewhere.
|
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login