Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS 1.4 w/ RRD Smart Controller running Marlin Issue

Posted by kburr 
RAMPS 1.4 w/ RRD Smart Controller running Marlin Issue
May 04, 2013 09:47PM
Currently I am having a lot of issue trying to get my encoder to work with my RRD Smart Controller on my RAMPS 1.4 board. I can push the center click, but I cannot scroll through the whole menu selecting anything else. Attached are my configuration.h and pins.h files. Maybe someone can see if there is something wrong there.

Thanks,
Kurtis
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (17 KB)
open | download - pins.h (43.1 KB)
Re: RAMPS 1.4 w/ RRD Smart Controller running Marlin Issue
May 04, 2013 11:12PM
when you press the button, you should switch from the watch screen to the menus, and then you can turn the wheel and push the button to navigate the menu.

Can you at least get into the menu? If you can then you know the button is working.

Also, when on the watch screen, what happens when you turn the encoder knob? You should see the speed multiplier raise and lower. Does this happen? If not, then you know you have the wrong pins for encoder up/down.
May 05, 2013 12:31AM
Yea, I can get into the menu by pressing the center button. The encoder left/right seems to only work when I turn it left and if I continue turning it left it seems to bounce between two positions while in the watch screen and sometimes it moves in the menu screen one position down.
May 05, 2013 01:12AM
It sounds like either a loose connection, or you have the incorrect pin numbering. I'm not familiar with that specific LCD/encoder, so I don't know what pins it was developed for. I built mine from scratch using the instructions tommyc has posted over at thingiverse. If you search his name over there, you will find the link to his instructions. They MAY be of help to you.
May 05, 2013 12:08PM
Well, I thank you for sticking with me for this brief time. It turns out there seemed to be some flux or something in one of the ribbon connectors, works great now, thanks smiling smiley
May 05, 2013 04:48PM
Glad you figured it out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login