Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware upload Problems Gen 7 1.3.1

Posted by jknowles 
Firmware upload Problems Gen 7 1.3.1
July 06, 2012 03:29AM
Hi

I am very new to RepRap and am struggling with the firmware side of things. I have a Gen 7 board and have managed to get it to run the test program (LED on and off).

I have been struggling to get one of the firmwares uplaoded (some fail in the compile). I appear to have got the FiveD firmware uploaded.

However on starting pronterface, it seems to connect (says printer connected) I can get any of the motors to move.

The PSU seems to be in standby i.e. it powers the board but doesnt switch on to pwoer the steppers.

I am really stuck with how to configures the firmware prior touploading.

Do I need to change anything or should the basic setup at least get things working?

Any pointers appreciated.
Re: Firmware upload Problems Gen 7 1.3.1
July 06, 2012 05:46AM
Apparently a new game in town: try firmwares and throw them away if they don't work on the first spot. Teacup is the only firmware really supported on the Gen7. Others probably work, too, but I have no influence on that.

Which compile error does Teacup give you?

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

As jonny-boy seems to have solved his problems, i may as well hijack this tread,

Traumflug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Which compile error does Teacup give you?

These are after freshly installing the apps and git repos

Using Arduino 1.01 and Gen7 IDE Support 2.0 I get:

In file included from /usr/share/arduino/hardware/Gen7/cores/arduino/wiring.c:25:0:
/usr/share/arduino/hardware/Gen7/cores/arduino/wiring_private.h:57:16: error: attempt to use poisoned "SIG_INTERRUPT2"

Using Arduino 0023 and Gen7 IDE Support 1.0 I get:

In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.7.0/../../../avr/include/util/delay.h:44:0,
from /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.7.0/../../../avr/include/avr/delay.h:37,
from /usr/share/arduino-0023/hardware/Gen7/cores/arduino/wiring_private.h:31,
from /usr/share/arduino-0023/hardware/Gen7/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:33:
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.7.0/../../../avr/include/math.h:426:15: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'double'
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.7.0/../../../avr/include/math.h:426:15: error: expected ')' before '>=' token

Using Arduino 0022 and Gen7 IDE Support 1.0 I get:

In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.7.0/../../../avr/include/util/delay.h:44:0,
from /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.7.0/../../../avr/include/avr/delay.h:37,
from /usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Gen7/cores/arduino/wiring_private.h:31,
from /usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Gen7/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:33:
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.7.0/../../../avr/include/math.h:426:15: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'double'
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.7.0/../../../avr/include/math.h:426:15: error: expected ')' before '>=' token

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
August 18, 2012 06:23PM
Hmm. So far I always thought Arduino IDE comes with it's own compiler, avr-libc and avrdude build, so one whould have always the same build environment inside the IDE. You error messages somehow make me think I'm wrong with that and your platform has a different set.

Looking at this page: [arduino.cc] , there seem to be incompatibilities between the Arduino library and your compiler. For a quick fix, look at the bottom of this page.

For a better fix, please tell me what OS you're using and what avr-gcc version it comes with. Even better whould be upgrading the IDE Support package to a more recent version of the stuff coming from the Arduino, of course. Or at least finding out if that helps.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 22, 2012 09:54AM
Thanks for your reply markus,

was running debian testing, however i decided to go back to ubuntu 10.04, much better, and running a bit faster too on the old girl...

I am having dramas with my programmer though, could you please have a look?

Problems uploading firmware
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login