Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin on Sanguinololu SD Print feed problem

Posted by smartroad 
Marlin on Sanguinololu SD Print feed problem
July 15, 2012 03:41AM
Hello all,

I have just updated my Sanguinololu from Sprinter to Marlin. Everything seemed to have gone well however while I can get the printer to run fine over serial connections, it seems to have issues when I print via SD.

The whole point of upgrading is to use the LCD/Rotary switch for the printer, brought that from Think3DPrint3D. I can use the screen and switch to select anything from the menu and started a print. However when the machine starts to print it seems to either not run the extruder at all or go backwards when it does short linear moves (ie corners). However if I print the same item from the computer over serial it works fine.

I have looked through Marlin but can't find anything that would cause this error, not that I am totally up on coding I'll admit!

Anyone have an idea on what I have done wrong?
Re: Marlin on Sanguinololu SD Print feed problem
July 15, 2012 03:49AM
Hold that thought, It seems Marlin doesn't like Skeinforge gcode but is getting on with Slic3r's. Not sure what is the difference, will experiment more and report back.
July 15, 2012 12:58PM
Perhaps relative vs absolute extrusion codes?

I am using an SD card with Marlin, Sanguinololu and Skeinforge and it works.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 18, 2012 12:57PM
That is what I have been thinking, but changing Skeinforge to either seems to change nothing confused smiley Could I ask what you have for your start code if you use anything?
July 18, 2012 01:07PM
I have this:
M83 ; use relative distances for extrusion
G28
G1X5Y99F9000 ; Go to the middle of the front
G1Z0.05 ; close to the bed
M104 S200 ; set extruder temp
M190 S55 ; set bed temp & wait
M109 S200 ; wait for extruder temp
G1E5F50 ; extrude a blob
G1E-1.5F1200
G1X40F4000 ;wipe 40mm along the edge of the bed
G1Z0.3 ;lift Z

but most of it is for ooze free start: [hydraraptor.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 29, 2012 07:14AM
Still not been able to sort out why Marlin is working with Slic3r but not Skeinforge. Thankfully the dev version of Slic3r has a fix for the problem I was having so hopefully shouldn't be an issue now. Still frustrating.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login