Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A little help for a noob ... marlin configuration.h file

Posted by TonyG 
A little help for a noob ... marlin configuration.h file
August 28, 2012 10:35AM
I like to ask you all for a little help in getting my machine working properly. I bought a (very) used botmill glider, repaired/modified the mechaincs to working, now I need to update the frimware in the Gen6 board. It has the original 5D, and though I can run the machine, it is not accurate. I do not have the original configuration files that are in it, nor do I know if any changes were made to it.
I'm going to install Marlin in it, and what I need is a configuration.h and configuration.adv.h files that are "in the ballpark" for this machine, to keep me from spending days getting the machine back to operation. I mean, why re-invent the wheel each time.... I'd rather rely on experience.

After reading many posts on here, I feel sure someone has gone thru this and may have a file(s) to get me started, and hopefully willing to post them here, so any other noobs making a similar transition have guidance.

My machine specs are:
Envelope: x:187, y:200, z:115
Electronics: Gen6 (original) electronics (no heated bed/thermistor capabilities) 1/8 stepping ratio
Motors: 1.8 degree, 2.5A steppers
Z-axis: M8 threaded rods w/ 21 tooth gears on them connected by T5 belt with 8 tooth gear on stepper
Y-axis: T5 belt on 8 tooth gear
X-axis: T5 belt on 8 tooth gear
Opto End stops
Wade's Extruder 39/11 gear ratio, 3mm filament
Hot End: .35 dia, 100K thermistor, ?? resistor

and ... if anyone has a clear set of step-by-step instructions to install the firmware that would be greatly appreciated as well, for although I am very proficient at mechanical design, somewhat proficient at software (mostly scripts), messing with firmware scares the crap out of me!

It's curious this site doesn't have a repository of sample files, instructions, and such. It would easly cut down on all the noob questions, like this post... I realize part files would be too large and are over on thingverse, but other associated files like these configs, and configs/scenarios for the slicing programs, etc would be extremely helpful.

Thanks a bunch,
T.

ps: posted this in general forum as well.....

in beautiful southern, Maryland...
Re: A little help for a noob ... marlin configuration.h file
September 04, 2012 11:53AM
Can't help directly, since I'm still building my own, but have you had a look at the RepRapCalculator?

At least then you can move forward without *too much trouble if the replies are sparse. You have what appears to be most or all of the info it asks for, and afaik, it returns the values you'd enter into your marlin configuration.h file

regards,

x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login