Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which way is UP Z axis limits etc

Posted by DonnyM 
Which way is UP Z axis limits etc
December 09, 2013 04:34PM
I have a bridge gantry printer that I designed and built. The Bed moves up and down. Min Z is at the Nozzle and Max Z is 400mm below. There are two limit switches. Min up and Max down low. If I trip the upper is shows min switch triggered. All works fine trvels in the correct direction when jogging or running a program. I had to tell the firmware to home to the max switch but it actually moves to the min switch trips it and then moves off it by 3mm. (bed moving down)
Don't know why I had to tell the firmware to home to the Max but it works correctly. If I tell it to home to the Min limit it actually moves to the max and trips it.
Again the switches are not set up wrong because the software shows the correct switch tripped Min up top and Max down low.
The X and Y bump there switched then move off and bump them again correctly. The Z does not do this . The Z bumps the switch and moves down by 3mm. Only bumps it once. I would like to have it only move down by 1 mm. If I homed with the nozzles over the bed it would either crash them into the bed or the bed would be to far down when it was done homing.
I have no home offsets set anywhere I can find. My version of marlin was downloaded about 3 months ago I believe. Any suggestions on why it is traveling 3mm off the switch.
There is a setting in the firmware about bouncing off the switch. Which is set: X 5mm, Y 5mm, and Z is 1mm.

Donny
Re: Which way is UP Z axis limits etc
December 13, 2013 01:24PM
Seems there is not much help for the Marlin Firmware on this site. Is there a better forum to be posting in.
Re: Which way is UP Z axis limits etc
December 16, 2013 01:17PM
Guess not.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login