Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error compiling Firmware: 'temptable' was not declared in this scope

Posted by Sergey 
Re: Error compiling Firmware: 'temptable' was not declared in this scope
April 11, 2011 12:02PM
I read this topic, but I cannot find, which is the working solution, for Motherboard1.2, ExtruderController2.2, and 100k NTC.
Can someone help me???
April 11, 2011 01:51PM
sytex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read this topic, but I cannot find, which is the
> working solution, for Motherboard1.2,
> ExtruderController2.2, and 100k NTC.
> Can someone help me???

Unless someone is able to debug it, the latest stable and even the nightly release of the reprap host and Five-D firmware doesn't work for this combination.

After more than 3 months, I haven't been able to find a reliable tool chain for the Mac OS. Most reprap Five D firmware releases work except for the latest ones in 2011, but they all have some kind of communication problem that causes the print to stall at some point. It's a big problem if you want to print something that will take several hours. Only the 64-bit 20100719 release for the reprap host seem to work. One of the compiled repsnapper works too.

I'm now testing on Windows XP (running on a MacBook Air) a December 2011 version of the reprap host and firmware and so far it hasn't stalled yet but it's only gone for a little over an hour at 20 mm/s.

I also use Skeinforge 40 to generate g-codes and then use the host or repsnapper to send them to the Mendel.
April 11, 2011 02:04PM
Sad to read that. I just build the electronics parts for my "future-mendel", and I wanted to test them. If I can understand you: There is no solution to build a Mendel at this moment?
April 11, 2011 03:28PM
I was referring to Gen 3 electronics with Mac OS. A lot of others are using Gen 3 with Windows so perhaps it's reliable there.

If you're just starting, then I've heard from many that RAMPS electronics is the way to go. Don't bother with Gen 3 electronics. I got Gen 3 a few months ago since I thought it would be more stable since it's been out longer. But now, even the reprap host/firmware doesn't seem to be supporting it well.
VDX
April 11, 2011 04:00PM
... you can hack a simple workaround, as the temp-table in the Gen3 firmware isn't essential.

In "Temperature.h" you have this code:

// for direct PIC temperature control of the extruder without a separate extruder CPU, we define the
// thermistor table/s we want to use in this file.
#if ( EXTRUDER_CONTROLLER == EXTRUDER_CONTROLLER_INTERNAL ) || ( EXTRUDER_CONTROLLER == EXTRUDER_CONTROLLER_DC )
Pair *temptable; // a pointer to the first "Pair" is equivalient to a "Table" type, but conveniently modifiable.
#endif

// ... And this is the heated bed thermistor (if any)
#if HEATED_BED == HEATED_BED_ON
Pair *bedtemptable;
#endif

You have only to write (or comment the #-lines out):

Pair *temptable;
Pair *bedtemptable;

... then they are both declared and will be compiled without error ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 04:01PM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 11, 2011 04:19PM
I don't think it will run. Have you tried? Earlier in the thread, I came up with what I think is the correct way by looking at previous releases. It compiled but it didn't run.
VDX
April 12, 2011 03:11AM
... it's compiling correctly, but for proper running you have to configure all other pins and defines for your respective hardware.

I'm running with Gen3 and an Isel- CNC-mill, where i replaced the Isel-interface by the Gen3-MoBo, so my configs are special ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

April 12, 2011 10:46AM
Some experience from today:
Hardware: MoBo1.2, ExCo2.2, 100k NTC (my stepper drivers ICs aren't arrived yet)

Ziggy March 29 post: Not working, After Upload the MoBo Debug LED stops blinking, and the board is not communicating.

Ziggy March 23 and VDX Aprill 11 post: In Repsnapper I can see the measured temp, In RepRap host software I can see the temp too but in the console there are error messages: "GCodeReaderAndWriter.getBTemp() - no value stored!".

So If my machine will be ready (need lot more time, maybe months) I will test these last two versions.

Ohh almost forget: OS: Win7
April 12, 2011 03:09PM
VDX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... it's compiling correctly, but for proper
> running you have to configure all other pins and
> defines for your respective hardware.
>
> I'm running with Gen3 and an Isel- CNC-mill, where
> i replaced the Isel-interface by the Gen3-MoBo, so
> my configs are special ...

Does this mean that you can run the latest stable release of the Five-D firmware or that you haven't tried running the firmware? Thanks.
VDX
April 12, 2011 04:22PM
... i was testing with different FiveD-versions and managed to get all of them running with the XYZ-jog ... the version where i removed the 'temptable-error' was from 7. February 2011 ...

Viktor
--------

April 20, 2011 07:48AM
From Arduino 022 on you need to set Sketch->Import Library->Arduino Test ... just fyi
June 01, 2011 04:59PM
Thanks brnrd! That was exactly what I was looking for. Worked perfectly.
June 02, 2011 10:15AM
@garrett - You're welcome. But what exactly were you referring to? smiling smiley
June 04, 2011 05:43PM
HEy guys, I was having several of these issues also. I found that moving the #include "Temperature.h" in the FiveD_GCode_Interpretor to above #include "configuration.h" solved alot of it.

#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include "WProgram.h"
#include "vectors.h"
#include "features.h"
#include "Temperature.h"
#include "configuration.h"
#include "hostcom.h"
#include "intercom.h"
#include "pins.h"
#include "pid.h"
#include "bed.h"
#include "extruder.h"
#include "cartesian_dda.h"

Bear in mind we are still having issues getting this code running properly...
June 05, 2011 12:10PM
I don't know if changing the order of the include statements is the correct way to fix the problem since I thought that temperature.h depends on choices made in configuration.h.

Anyway, it's very disappointing that more than 4 months after this thread discussing the problems with compiling and running the Five-D firmware for Gen 3 electronics was posted, the problem still exists. Where are the developers of this reprap host and firmware? Don't they even pay attention to the forum?

I just tried setting the firmware for the Ultimachine RAMPS by uncommenting #define DEFAULTS MENDEL_MEGA_DEFAULTS and #define STEPPER_BOARD ULTIMACHINE_PCB and it also doesn't compile. It's a good thing there are other firmware options for RAMPS.
June 06, 2011 12:47PM
@brnrd, thats why I believe i had to change the include list, it was out of order. If there were dependancies that were broken by moving temperature.h it shouldn't have compiled again...

I'm pretty new to the atmel environment, but have lots of experience in PIC, so I'm learning as I go here.
June 22, 2011 08:41PM
Hi,
a friend asked me to fix her reprap Mendel with Gen 3 electronics. I had exactly the problems mentioned in this thread. It looks like the code to have different thermostats for heated bed and extruder broke the Gen 3 code by the addition of setupThermistors(). I downloaded version 3928 (the version before this change) from the repository "svn co [reprap.svn.sourceforge.net] fiveDfirm". This seems to work OK.

I will try and get around to proposing a fix for the latest code.

Netchris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login