Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.1 and SKR3 - will not run past heatup

Posted by Candidquality 
Marlin 2.1 and SKR3 - will not run past heatup
October 15, 2022 02:33PM
Have finally passed my z issue for homing(big thanks for the help), and now have another issue.

Completely unable to run past the heatup stage.
Have my bed set to 85 to start, gets to 84.83 or some other random number just below, then sits and fails to send updates on temp to Cura. Does not run any of the startup code. Will stay hot and running even overnight, so not waiting on something slow to process. New pid tuning seems to work perfectly instead of bang bang if watching the output from Pronterface on just a heat command.

Wondering if something in the original Anycubic Mega Pro with Trigorilla 0.0.3, is no longer compatible with the new Big Tree Tech SKR3 and TMC2209 steppers?

Even when shutting off Cura and opening Pronterface, when I connect it will just keep repeating:
echo:busy: paused for user

A few caveats to mention:

No lcd yet connected(not sure of support for anycubic blue/yellow LCD) so waiting.

Stepper for the extruder not working? might be my issue if there is some kind of test.

Have made an adjustment to get rid of a m122 stepper error by including newer version of files to the stm32H7.ini file:
# ///corrected platform per issue "SKR3 EZ + TMC2209 #13" here: https://github.com/bigtreetech/SKR-3/issues/13
was; # platform = ststm32@~14.1.0
is; platform = ststm32@~15.4.1
was; # platform_packages = framework-arduinoststm32@[github.com]
is; platform_packages = framework-arduinoststm32@4.20200.220530

f_cpu is set to 400000000L in Marlin/buildroot/share/PlatformIO/boards/marlin_STM32H743Vx.json. have corrected that typo to match the cpu at "480000000L"

Anything I have changed from normal is easy to search as I have added a third /// to every section. Have attached my configs

Current startup code from my cura profile, which i have sent individually in pronterface with no issues other than my extruder not working yet. which should tell me it's working right, but unable to run a program from pronterface either. same issue, heats, then stops reporting to the interface:
G21 ;metric values
G90 ;absolute positioning
M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode
M107 ;start with the fan off
G28 X0 Y0 Z0 ;move X/Y to min endstops
G0 Z0.15
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length
G1 X40 E25 F500 ; Extrude 25mm of filament in a 4cm line. Reduce speed (F) if you have a nozzle smaller than 0.4mm!
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again
G1 E-1 F500 ; Retract a little
G1 X80 F4000 ; Quickly wipe away from the filament line
M117 ; Printing…
G5

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2022 03:10PM by Candidquality.
Attachments:
open | download - will not run after heatup.zip (94 KB)
Re: Marlin 2.1 and SKR3 - will not run past heatup
October 23, 2022 02:02PM
Solved

Feel free to delete this. Or keep it for possible fix if someone else makes this simple mistake.

Problem was my filament sensor was triggered which Marlin sets to eject the end of the roll and allow you to load in a new roll. I did not see that as it triggered prior to heat-up, and popped my extruder gear half off. So it would run forward, with little to no pressure, and not fully run backward. So I never saw the filament trying to escape.

Operator error; This is only due to being a new configuration swapping from the original Trigorilla 0.0.3 board to the new Bigtreetech SKR 3 EZ.

Fix was to temporarily unplug sensor to test, and I will go back and invert it in Marlin for permanent correction.

original:
#define FIL_RUNOUT_STATE LOW // Pin state indicating that filament is NOT present.

corrected:
#define FIL_RUNOUT_STATE HIGH // Pin state indicating that filament is NOT present.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login