Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile


teacup extrusion steps

Posted by weierdave 
teacup extrusion steps
February 11, 2013 11:41AM
I have a prusa mendal that I am controlling with a sangunololu. I have got it working quite well however the number of extruded steps that I enter into the configuration file is about 4x lower than it should be. It is like I have the pololu set to run at 4 steps instead of 16 steps. Below is what I have done. I recently changed to a direct drive extruder and now my print quality is lacking. Any suggestions are greatly appricieated.

I have verified that all 3 of the pins on the pololu are receiving a high input to indicate 16 steps per motor step

I have switched the pololu stepper drivers from the y axis and the extruded axis. And the y axis ran correctly and the extruder axis does not change.

Is there a setting in one of the other tabs in the teacup firmware that needs changed?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: teacup extrusion steps
February 12, 2013 06:17AM
Did you adjust E_STEPS_PER_M in config.h? That's essential.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY
Re: teacup extrusion steps
February 12, 2013 04:09PM
Yes, this is where I put in the value that seems to be four times to low. Is there another place that would effect the extruded steps?
Re: teacup extrusion steps
February 13, 2013 05:18AM
No. E_STEPS_PER_M has to be right. Re-uploading a firmware takes ... 5 seconds? smiling smiley

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY
Re: teacup extrusion steps
February 26, 2013 12:20AM
Well, if you're really keen, there are a lot of things that could go wrong. You might try changing the pololu board out, or the stepper itself.

But my personal suspicion is that this mucking around just increases the likelihood of you breaking something important in the process. I would recommend just keeping it in mind, and continuing on an empirical basis until something more interesting shows up, or the problem comes to light.

Vik :v)
Re: teacup extrusion steps
February 26, 2013 02:43PM
I was wondering about the stepper motor itself. I actually switched out the pololu board with the new 1/32 stepper board from pololu and the problem still exsists, but only a teensy bit better (and I might be imagining that, there is no real way to measure the difference)
I may have to switch around some stepper motor wires tonight and see if a different motor will create better results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login