Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G Code Sender for Ramps 1.4

Posted by mrtcnblgc 
G Code Sender for Ramps 1.4
October 25, 2023 06:10AM
Hi everyone. I Have struggled about g code sender software. I made a laser cnc machine with arduino and ramps 1.4. I'm using marlin firmware. I used Lightburn but the trial period has expired. I'm looking for a new software like Lightburn but free smiling smiley. Can anyone help me?
VDX
Re: G Code Sender for Ramps 1.4
October 25, 2023 07:49AM
... depending on your skills maybe some 3D-printing software will do - I'm using Pronterface for some of my laser-engravers by "misusing" the extruder-steps for laser pulses and setting the power with an analogue 0-5V output for the pulse-length (0V=5µs, 5V=300µs pulse length)

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 25, 2023 10:38AM
How can you configure Pronterface? Can I use other slicer programs like Cura?
VDX
October 25, 2023 11:15AM
... I've used this with Marlin4Due (but would work with any other GRBL-based firmware too) - best is to configure the E-stepper as "1 step per mm" and adjust the step-multiplier inside Pronterface or another G-code-sender or as multiplier with a converter from other vector-files into G-code (I've programmed different converter/importer for HPGL or DXF or other custom-specific file-formats too).

For the converters - with HPGL/PLT it's something like converting "PU Xxxx Yyyy" to "G0 Xxxx Yyyyy" or "PD Xxxx Yyyy" to "G1 Xxxx Yyyy Eeee Ffff" where the E-value is the mm-length of the line multiplied with the pulse-multiplicator.

So e.g. a line from 0,0 to 100,0 without pulse-multiplicator will result in a G-code something like "G0 X0 Y0; G1 X100 Y0 E100 F3000" with a "Pulse" every mm.

If you want to pulse the laser every 0.1mm, then you'll calculate the line-length with x10, so the E-value will change to E1000 in this code-sequence.

If you can reprogram the sender program accordingly or better create an import-converter, is depending on your programming skills and/or available sources and documentation ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2023 11:17AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 25, 2023 11:24AM
Your thoughts seem a bit difficult smiling smiley I'm researching other programs. Thanks a lot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login