Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel-RAMPS-RepG toolchain

Posted by ocularb0b 
Mendel-RAMPS-RepG toolchain
October 15, 2011 08:54PM
Hi all, I've gotten my first printer built and am trying to get my first print out of it. RAMPS1.4 with FiveD firmware, i can manual control everything with repG, everything seems pretty good. Axes move the correct distances and the extruder works pretty well. I've not been able to get anything useful from skeinforge. Does anyone have or know of a working toolchain with RAMPS and Mendel from RepG/Skeinforge.
I'm thinking of trying Teacup for the sake of it but i think that my problems lie in my gcode generation. SF31 is the only option that has a config for mendel and i've been working from a copy of that.
Thanks in advance
Re: Mendel-RAMPS-RepG toolchain
October 16, 2011 09:12PM
Ditch repg and use pronterface and a modern firmware like sprinter. Pronterface and sfact works perfectly for me, even on my old fived FW, if you choose to keep that. Drop by IRC if you have questions. smiling smiley

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
October 17, 2011 11:37PM
Thanks I've looked at pronterface and it looks better. Ive gotten recognizable prints using sf44 and very minimal settings per a post at medel-parts then loading the gcode file into repg for printing. Definitely need a heated bed.
November 02, 2011 11:02PM
Hey, what config file did you use to get FiveD working with your RAMPS. I can't figure it out for the life of me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login