Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibration problem

Posted by Dobert 
Calibration problem
March 29, 2012 05:07PM
I’m having a calibration problem. Pronterface with Sfact installed and the software all seems to be running O.K.. After loading a test Gcode file, I start the print, and then!

The Z-end stop seems to work perfectly well, but the X en Y end-stops take a real battering from the print plate for a couple of seconds (like a mini machine gun).
Then the printer just stops, although the print program carries on as of everything if fine.

I’m using a sanguinololu with sprinter firmware.

Has anyone had similar experiences, or have I forgotten something. Any advice would be welcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 05:17PM by Dobert.
Re: Calibration problem
March 29, 2012 07:34PM
Honestly sfact and skeinforge is a pain in the butt. It works, and suddenly it doesn't. I've even had it where it wouldn't make setting changes. I moved to slicer, and it's a drastic difference.
March 31, 2012 02:47PM
Hi and thanks L4nce0,

ALL X,Y,Z-axis CALIBRATION PROMLEMS SOLVED. It had nothing to do with Pronterface or SFACT. I’m afraid, I’ll have to disagree with you on this one. This combination seems to work rather well for me. I would even go as far as to say it’s rather user friendly.

My mistakes:
1. I had wired my printer according to the Sanguinololu 1.2 wiring schematic on de RepRap “Prusa Mendel” assembly section from Wiki. In this diagram it shows a 2-wire connection to the end stops. No wonder I couldn’t get my X, Y en Z axis to go in both directions. Bye the way, I have a Sanguinololu 1.3a.
2. I also used the wire colour sequence according to the Sanguinololu 1.2.
3. I had a semi functioning end stop.

So after 2 hours of messing about with my multi meter and making a clear decision as to what was the front (and not the back) of my Mendel I did the following.

My solution:
1. 3 wires for the end stops.
2. reversed stepper motor wiring

Run X, Y and Z to the home position, downloaded a stl part file, and BINGO a beautiful dry run without actual extrusion and time for a nice cool beer.

If anyone is interested, I can send photos of the sanguinololu setup and wiring connections and I am more that willing to give any advice, which might be helpful for beginners like me.

I have a couple years experience in the cold extrusion of environmentally friendly fuel (9 ton/hour) . Perhaps this will put me in good stead for the next stage of my endeavour to build a Prusa Mendel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2012 02:48PM by Dobert.
April 17, 2012 07:22PM
Sorry reposted your message there!

I'm have some of the same problems as you. I have only the x axis set up and messing around with it but can only move in one direction which works perfectly! I'm usting sprinter, sanguinololu 1.3a and mechanical endstops. I would love photos of your setup as I already had issus with motor wiring, the wiki guide isn't great when it come to the the wiring!!!
April 19, 2012 08:08AM
If you're using mechanical endstops, then you only need two wires. The middle pin in the SL 1.3a is the +5V power for an opto endstop. I think that the wiring diagram in the wiki is for mechanical endstops and it's quite clear: connect the two outside terminals on the switch to the two outside pins on the end stop connector of SL. If your motors refuse to go backwards (negative direction) with this wiring, then check your firmware to make sure that you didn't change the endstops to inverting. They need to be non-inverting. You also need to enable internal termination.
astrolabb
September 04, 2012 10:54AM
3D.I.Y i hame the same problem :

X direction only (PIN PC5 always 5V) in one sense and problem with endstop (PC 2 3 4 ok 5V up 0V down)
(sanguinololu 1.3a, mechanical endstops, arduino 023)

have you a solution to help me ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login