Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nextdayreprap.co.uk

Posted by stu121 
nextdayreprap.co.uk
August 18, 2012 07:54AM
Hi, has any brought a mendel from www.nextdayreprap.co.uk, originally I was going to try to source all my parts separately, but the thought of having everything in one parcel next day is very tempting.

just wondering if anyone has used them and how they are getting on with it.

Stu
Re: nextdayreprap.co.uk
August 18, 2012 10:17AM
Hi Stu,

Take a look at this forum posting, someone has bought from them, and their report is good.

[forums.reprap.org]

Looks like they may be a much better alternative to thereprapkitstore.co.uk whose kit I am building at the moment.

Lee
January 22, 2013 06:02PM
On the site it says they try and reply within two hours but I have been trying to contact them for 2 days and no reply to three emails. No tel number is given.

I want to buy a machine and bits from them in person as I can drive to Tonbridge, which they give as their address.

I'm not going to give over £500 to them via the internet if they don't reply to potential customers.
January 23, 2013 01:36PM
Third day waiting for nextdayreprap to reply to my enquiry emails. I am starting to smell a rat!

Edit: Nope nothing today either! Have Nextdayreprap folded?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2013 05:35PM by Marcx.
January 23, 2013 06:51PM
Strange how some companies do business...
If customers wanted to give me 500 quid for a unit, Id be all over them like a rash. Seems like some of these so called businesses don't like making money. The worrying thing is, if they can't be bothered to respond to someone offering them money, how would they respond to problems after they had sold you something? I have no time for people or companies that trade like this.
January 24, 2013 04:02AM
Indeed! Particularly since I would save them the aggro of having to pack it and post it, plus I would buy other things from them.
I think it's a particularly british thing though. I have found that Brits just cannot organise themselves. I would buy a RepRapPro if they didn't have a 20 day lead time. Why don't they just make the effort of clearing the backlog?

I had a business and whenever we had a rush on, I'd get more people in or work longer hours. We also kept a decent reserve stock of things. Just-in-time business invariably becomes Just-too-late.
I am actually considering buying a Reprap from France now!

...Or I might just wait until the Chinese sell them cheap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2013 04:22AM by Marcx.
January 24, 2013 01:26PM
20 working days is currently the longest time you will wait for one of our kits - if the kit is ready before then, it will ship before then. We have a lot of factors affecting our lead times including printing time, supplier deliveries and stock quantities and also the volume of orders being placed with us each day.

If you do have any further questions about our kits, let me know.

best wishes
Sally

RepRapPro Ltd
January 25, 2013 02:10AM
How about answering his question SallReprap? It costs nothing and takes 2 minutes to answer an email.
January 25, 2013 05:34AM
Hi waitaki,

I thought I had answered why our (RepRapPro's) lead times were as they are? As far as I am aware RepRapPro have not received an email from Marcx?

Best wishes
Sally
RepRapPro Ltd
January 25, 2013 10:16AM
There seems to be some confusion between two different companies here, I believe that nextdayreprap and RepRapPro are not related.
January 25, 2013 12:08PM
Hello,
I looked into reprap printers last year.There is quite a lot of conflicting and obsolete information out there.The hardest part is finding stuff that is current and up to date.After some time I chose to purchase a RepRaPro mendel,for the following reasons.Its open source,it is compatable with Linux,it is under constant development,it is operated by the originator of the idea,and it is I believe an ethical organisation which is rare these days.
trustytrev.smiling smiley
January 25, 2013 12:50PM
That's correct Bobc, Waitaki is confused.
Nobody said they had anything to do with each other.
I have not sent RepRapPRO any emails, though it looks likely I will place an order with them for exactly the same reasons Trustytrev mentions. I am also tempted by Nophead's Suave Mendel90 with 20cm Zaxis though.

As for NEXTDAYreprap and their comprehensive website, I suggest people try to contact them before parting with any money because I haven't had any reply to emails from them at all and there is no indication that they are still trading. They won't get my lucre.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2013 01:49PM by Marcx.
January 28, 2013 05:29PM
I would like to add that I ordered a RepRapPro Mendel and it was delivered within 10 days which was considerably quicker than the advised shipping date on their website.

I have been incredibly impressed with the kit. Everything to make the machine is included apart from the tools. All parts are separately bagged and labelled and included things like a roll of Kapton tape, cable ties and every bit of cable you require.

My kit was missing a piece of PTFE tubing and Sally sent it out to me on next day delivery.

The printed parts were very well printed and accuracy was excellent with everything fitting together extremely well.

I don't know about any other suppliers but I can say that I would recommend RepRapPro Ltd without hesitation.
January 30, 2013 03:31AM
I have to say that the PDF construction manual for the prusa mendel on the "Nextday" website is one of the best written docs' I've seen though it may need a little updating now.
January 31, 2013 05:21PM
The site is quite impressive, a lot of effort must have gone into it. But since they haven't replied to any emails it appears to be a ghost ship. Weird...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login