Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

beginner APPLE software troubles

Posted by 55printer 
beginner APPLE software troubles
March 29, 2013 12:15PM
just built a mendel XL -- 12”by12” bed -I upgraded to a better hot end from lutzbot,smaller and lighter y carriage from them as well as using the liner slide
bearings for the y-axis and am going to substitute flexible couplers for the rigid ones
on the z-axises to get the wobblies out of the machine. I’ve completely calibrated the machine and am now ready to print.

I installed pronterface and the arduino software.I flashed the board and calibrated my machine and it seems to behave correctly, homing to all axises and it moves around just fine. I tried to install Skeinforge but there is little information out there on how to install this on a Mac. I bought paralells for the mac but windows 8 is not compatible ,it seems, to install some of the software. I tried it again with xp but again the same story. So I’m using slic3r and pronterface, in OSX ( apple ) operating system.. After slicing a file in slice3r and loading into pronterface, and after getting the hot end and bed up to temp, and after pressing the print button, the gcode seems to get stuck on line 47 and the z axis goes toward the top of the machine and will not stop for anything ,the pause button or setting off the end stop by hand. I have to shut the power off to the machine. it does this with 3 files I’ve tried. Any suggestions?

do y’all know of any g-code editors that I can load the code in, view it and modify it?

Thanks

FXP
Re: beginner APPLE software troubles
March 29, 2013 12:20PM
sorry here is my hardware list :

Medel XL
arduino board -- ramps 1.4
marlin firmware
pronterface
slice3r
apple osx 10.6 operating system.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login