Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i2 and rambo board

Posted by charlieRC 
Prusa i2 and rambo board
March 26, 2013 02:26PM
I don't know how to tell if my rambo board is any good or not. I don't seem to get any motion from the moters, or heat from the extruder or bed. No LEDs light except those associated with the processor. Unfortunately, I am new to this and don't really know what the next step is. Can anyone PLEASE help?

Things I think I have done successfully....
- modified the configuration.h module for the right thermistors and motherboard (301)
- compiled and uploaded the merlin firmware
- loaded pronterface and slic3r on my computer.

In pronterface, I am able to connect to the printer and I can see a small activity light blink on the rambo board when I try and move the head, but nothing happens beyond that. I am getting no heat to either the extruder or the bed.

I am using a 12v p/s that has three seperate 12v outputs and grounds. I do seem to be getting 12v in. to the m/b, but nothing out to the heat1 or bed.

Charlie
Re: Prusa i2 and rambo board
March 31, 2013 01:36PM
im building an i3, but the steps should be similar. im using a RAMBo Board also, but am having better luck with repetier host and repetier firmware. when i tried marlin some of my motors would move one way but not the other. repetier lacks documentation of the modified configuration files though. do the motors whine when you connect power? it sounds like a power issue, did you measure the current in your motors with a multimeter?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login