Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel Max 2 + Rumba Homing during print

Posted by Coherent 
Mendel Max 2 + Rumba Homing during print
May 19, 2013 06:40PM
Hi Everyone,
I have a Mendel Max 2 with Rumba electronics and cura software. I am having an issue where it will print perfectly for an hour or so and then randomly try to home the X axis so that it just slams into the X endstop and grinds the motors until I unplug it. It is kind of annoying that I have to print for so long to see the effects but I was wondering if anyone else ran into an issue with bizarre homing. I transfer the gcode to an sdcard reader and then tell cura to set the bed temperature via USB but print using the LCD display and the SD card.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: As an update, I also get a similar issue sometimes when I start a print where the X axis will just go all the way to its +X direction upon initially starting the print. I seem to get this on and off even when dealing with the same gcode and I know that my x and y extents are set properly. I wonder if somehow the rumba is forgetting where it is, setting that position to 0,0 and then trying to move to where it should be. This is all very strange.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2013 11:29PM by Coherent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login