Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Filament jamming

Posted by Lisax 
Filament jamming
July 16, 2013 07:28AM
Hello, I've got problem with filament jamming, sometimes it happens after ~20 mm of extruded filament and sometimes I can extrude more than 500 mm of filament and everything is okay. I didn't have any problem with this nozzle and my extruder before.
I got new prusa nozzle and I had similar problem, I thought I found solution, but I had to print another part, so I switched back to my old nozzle and that's where all problems started. Now I can't print anything because of this problem sad smiley

I'm printing 3 mm ABS at 220 °C (but I also tried another temperatures 210, 215, 225..).

I tried cleaning nozzle with blow torch and adding a piece of cloth to wipe any dust from filament but both without any success.

This is what filament pulled out of nozzle looks like

And here is video of my problem
Re: Filament jamming
July 16, 2013 08:23AM
What is your extrusion speed set at? Perhaps it it too high??
Re: Filament jamming
July 16, 2013 05:05PM
You are right, it was too high! I can't believe I didn't try to lower it before eye rolling smiley It was set to 100 mm/s, so I changed it to 50 mm/s and I did't have any filament jam. In slic3r I set all speeds to half of default values and now I'm printing without any problem. Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login