Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homing raises the Z-axis each time ? [SOLVED]

Posted by Mickman 
Homing raises the Z-axis each time ? [SOLVED]
September 08, 2013 10:44PM
Why is it each time I hit home it raises the Z-axis by a few mm ?

It used to go home and then move down approx. 2 turns in the z-axis hit the end stop & then move up slightly to home itself... but now it simply goes home & then moves up 2 turns rather than down.. so it no longer hits the end-stop.

hhhmm ??

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2013 08:00AM by Mickman.
Re: Homing raises the Z-axis each time ?
September 09, 2013 05:27AM
Sounds like the end stop is not releasing properly when Z moves upward. I would also check the end stop electrically as well - no resistance when contacts closed and totally open circuit when contacts are open.

September 09, 2013 06:58AM
@ Waitaki: ok I'll check out the Z-axis end-stop today... sure hope its as simple as the end-stop failing. As I was so close to final calibrations.

Actually this might make sense as I had to remove the end-stop the other day to add 2 Z-axis aluminium couplers... After changing the standard rubber tubes couplers I had to shave of some of the coupler mounting clamp plastic so the aluminium coupler won't rub on against the plastic clamp.

[EDIT] ok.. so to test the switch I simply swapped it over for the y-axis switch & hit home on the z-zxis & pushed the switch in & it worked.

One of the soldered wires looked a little dodgy so I re-soldered it & now all is good smiling smiley

Thanks for bringing this to light ... as simple as it sounds one can easily overlook the obvious.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2013 07:59AM by Mickman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login