Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem after uploading firmware to RepRapPro Mendel

Posted by purplealien 
Problem after uploading firmware to RepRapPro Mendel
October 03, 2013 04:33AM
I have just hit a strange problem, While waiting for parts I decided to update my firmware with
tuned settings. The printer has been working fine, but the hot end resistor and thermistor broke.

I downloaded the latest firmware from RepRapPro github (Marlin as instructed), compiled and
uploaded it to the Melzi board. I noticed the led was flashing, (Was always on before) and think that
the printer now working at 115200 not 25000 as it used to. The flashing led turn out to be a
feature, HotEnd Warm up and I fixed this with a temporary 10k resistor instead of the thermistor.

This all seemed straightforward, but now I find that the X, Y and Extruder motors are not moving ?
I can move around the Z axis and home it from Pronterface but homing or moving the
other axis doesn't do anything. In-fact I can move the bed by hand so the motors are not even
activated .
I cant see how I have damaged the drivers or motors, with the firmware, The currents/voltages
are all spot on.
I have scanned the config.h file but cannot find anything to explain this behaviour, Any Ideas ?
Re: Problem after uploading firmware to RepRapPro Mendel
October 04, 2013 08:40PM
Further confusion, the heated bed isn't switching on now...

Tried resetting the eeprom as advised by RepRapPro support, but did not fix the problem, seem everything has shutdown except the Z axis. Help !
zmo
October 07, 2013 07:02AM
Hi,

purplealien Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tried resetting the eeprom as advised by RepRapPro
> support, but did not fix the problem, seem
> everything has shutdown except the Z axis. Help !

I actually went into the same troubles last friday, and found out that
using the official branch of Marlin[1] instead of RRP's branch made
my board working fine.

With Ian from RRP, we're trying to figure out why this is happening...

[1]: [github.com]

HTH,

--
zmo
October 07, 2013 05:10PM
Hi,

Did you just replace the Marlin folder in the RRP download or build and upload another way.

At least I am not going crazy, if someone else has the same problem !
October 16, 2013 06:35AM
Well after all the messing about, I was sent a build from RepRapPro support, I uploaded this using AvrDude and surprise, surprise !!!
The X Y and Extruder started working again.

So It appears that using Arduino 1.0.5 on a Mac and compiling/uploading the Marlin firmware results in a dodgy build which affects
the motors in someway.
October 26, 2013 01:42PM
I just did a firmware mod / compile / update on a Mac (maybe 4 hours ago). I've seen no problems at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login