Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motors not Turning

Posted by drwils01 
Stepper Motors not Turning
April 05, 2014 01:44PM
Hi, I'm new to this as well and I'm having a problem with the nema 17 stepper motors trying to use either sprinter or marlin. when sending a signal using pronterface or repetier host, the motors may turn slightly for a short signal but just screech for a long signal. Using marlin, they do not turn at all.

I believe something in my configuration is incorrect, as using the RAMPS 1.4 test program found here the motors do turn. That makes me thing it's not a problem with the motor potentiometers or stepper drivers. Using the GCode command to check endstop status, the endstops are not triggered. It feels as if the motors are stuck between steps, as they vibrate for a certain amount of time after sending a signal to move.

In the firmware I have only gone through the configuration.h files and believe to have configured it as it is supposed to be for ramps 1.4, 3 mechanical endstops and A4988 stepstick stepper drivers. I can post links to my marlin or sprinter firmware files if anyone is willing to help.

On a related note, can you attach heatsinks to the heatbed mosfet using 1-sided polyimide (Kapton) tape by any chance?

thanks! And please let me know if there is anything I can do to clarify that may make things easier to figure out.
Re: Stepper Motors not Turning
April 08, 2014 05:19AM
Did you try to increase the power on the motor potentiometars?sounds like not enough power
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login