Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wade Extruder

Posted by ciscomonkey 
Wade Extruder
April 02, 2015 10:58PM
Pretty sure I know the answer, but just want to verify it as this is my first printer. Got a Prusa i3 rework kit from Replikeo. The extruder body was the only 3d printed part in the kit, and it seemed a bit messy to me, but I figure that might just be the way it is. It's needed a lot of clean up just to get bearings and such to sit flat and to get the extruder idler to align properly.

One of the things that I noticed right off the bat was that the hole for the cold end was oval instead of a circle. Being my first printer, I didn't think this looked right, but figured I'd try it out and see if it's just by design or not. I'm guessing it's not now. smiling smiley Adding the bolts to hold the cold end I still have a bit over 1/4 inch of play at the hot end, and I can actually see the bolts that hold the cold end into place on both sides.

Just wanting to verify that this is not correct and that I do need to get another Extruder body.

I'm attaching a few pics. The last one shows the holes for the M4 nuts just so you can get an idea of how it all seems "warped".

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:
open | download - 1.jpg (572.4 KB)
open | download - 2.jpg (513.2 KB)
open | download - 3.jpg (395.1 KB)
open | download - 4.jpg (420.5 KB)
Re: Wade Extruder
April 02, 2015 11:09PM
Whoops. Accidentally posted this under the wrong forum. Can a forum admin move it to the right one. Although I think the question here is pretty general and not model specific.
Re: Wade Extruder
April 02, 2015 11:32PM
And apparently I'm blind. Completely missed this post here: [forums.reprap.org] Guy has the same issues.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login