Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

during print issue

Posted by cde 
cde
during print issue
December 28, 2012 09:17PM
just got my prusa mendel going. using a printrboard with pronterface and slic3r. I have downloaded a couple of prints of off thingiverse and one printed fine while the others will mid print go crazy and move to the very edge of the board to start printing random lines. Not sure what triggers this random occurrence but any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Re: during print issue
January 03, 2013 11:33PM
Does the print that work well always work well? Do the prints that don't work always fail at the same time in the same way? Answers to these questions would help us troubleshoot.

That your printer always runs to an edge is suspicious. Is it always the same edge? A loose wire to a stepper could cause your motor to only move in one direction.

Good luck. Keep reminding yourself that the troubleshooting is half the fun. (It's what I had to do.)

Brad
cde
Re: during print issue
January 09, 2013 09:05PM
The print that works well is the calibration square which is a fairly quick print. it seems to me that it is stopping at a certain time during all prints possibly? this time it simply froze and did not go to an edge. not sure what is causing this mid print freeze
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login