Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

prusa mendel stepper issues

Posted by ss200 
prusa mendel stepper issues
December 29, 2012 09:44PM
I setup a prusa mendel with sanguinololu and when I run pronterface I can control the x axis and extruder fine, but the y axis that move the print floor will only move an a few cm before it stops responding, the z axis will go up but not down, and the up movement doesn't seem right, it will move only on the highest amount of movement, and then will humm a little first and then start moving. I have tried adjusting the pot's on each stepper driver and have swapped the stepper drivers (x-axis that works fine with z-axis with no change)

Edit: also tried using ReplicatorG with the prusa.xml file, it controlled the x-axis as well, but the y axis would work for a few clicks and then quit, the z axis was quite interesting and after re-investingating it does the same with pronterface - if I click up it works, however if I click down it does not work, but if I click up again it won't work, but if I click up again after that it works and so on. for example if I click down 3 times, and then click up the motors will not actually turn to go up till the 4th click

any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2012 11:14PM by ss200.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login