Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FIRMWARE UPDATE ERROR

Posted by kevinl 
FIRMWARE UPDATE ERROR
January 15, 2013 11:12AM
Hi,

Just built my first RepRap - Mendal i2 with Sanguinololu board 1.3a from parts sourced from all over the place. The Atmega 1284P came pre-loaded with Bootloader and Marlin.

On starting up the Pronterface software I get an error that the heated bed is swtiched off due to Maxtemperature reached - the temp reading is 359.0 even though the bed is at ambient temperature. Swapping the termisitor connections over from the hot end and the heated bed gives a similar error, but that the hot end is over temperature. Measuring the resistance of hte heated bed thermistor from the connector gives 156.1 k ohms, which is within the range given on the data sheet for the thermistor (EPCOS B57560G104F), which leads me to belive the setting in the firmware is wrong for this thermistor.

However, when I try and upload a revised configuration.h file using Arduino 0022 (with the board set to Sanguinololu) I get the error message:-

avrdude: stk500_getsync():not in sync: resp=0xca
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Note this is slightly different from the error message given on the ReprapWiki Sanguinololu page. I have tried all three different solutions suggested, without any success. I have also tried disconnecting the board completely from the printer and powersouce, as suggested by Arduino, again with no success.

Any suggestions what to do now, please. The operating system on the PC is Windows Vista (not ideal I know, but it's a pc that's sat around doing very little - all the otehr pc's I have work for a living!)

Thanks in advance for any help given
Re: FIRMWARE UPDATE ERROR
January 23, 2013 11:53AM
Ok - eventually got it to work - eventually used Arduino 0.0.23 with mods form github, and set board to Sanguino W/ATmega1284p 16mhz. Some downloads from github don't give this version of Sanguino!

Now got to sort the thermistor values out.......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login